Résumé Help | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Résumé Help

Reaction Score
If you get offered a job below your expectations at a company with room for advancement, don't be afraid to accept it. Then work your butt off to advance. Sometimes getting your foot in the door and showing them what you can do is the easiest path to success. I gave this advice to one of my daughters when she was (in my opinion)being too picky in her job search after graduating from UConn. She received three promotions in her first two years on the job. She was then at the level job she was originally looking for.
^^^ this.
My daughter took a receptionist job in a state agency out of college (summa cum laude in English). Within 2 years she was office manager and a functioning paralegal. She’s moved on to a different state agency, at a much higher level (director level). Has given presentations directly to the governor. She’s only 35 now.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If you go to UConn, there are a lot of good career services on campus for resume help and conducting mock interviews. I think they are in Wilbur Cross (or were when I went there). I recommend you use those resources to your advantage.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If you go to UConn, there are a lot of good career services on campus for resume help and conducting mock interviews. I think they are in Wilbur Cross (or were when I went there). I recommend you use those resources to your advantage.

I did at one point, but am not at UConn any longer. I did complete my resume though, and I think it came out looking pretty good. Thanks to everyone for their help.

Reaction Score
Use active voice; provide measurable accomplishments; no typos or other mistakes for either your resume or cover letter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom