Quotes from Glen Miller (ESPN Insider) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Quotes from Glen Miller (ESPN Insider)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You not only lost the forest for the trees, you are also looking at the shrubs.

Kevin Love was a McDAA, 1st team All-American, One & Done, and a 3x NBA All Star. There is debate whether Brimah will even be drafted at this point, let alone rise to the level of Hasheem Thabeet (career, not draft position). And that goes for all the other individual NBA Players that others have mentioned. They are the outliers.

Really? That's his greatest strength? On second thought. you're right. That's exactly why Love has a $14 Mil/year contract. It's definitely the first thing I think of when the conversation turns to Kevin Love. :rolleyes:

You took a wrong turn somewhere in this thread and you keep driving, when the right move is to probably leave your car by the side of the road. It doesn't sound like you've watched basketball since the 1980s.

Reaction Score
Only on the boneyard can obvious hyperbole about a Husky morph into a debate about NBA heights, prowess and the merit of Bo Ryan's offensive schemes.

If you are still in the mood for quotes:
"A band ought to have a sound all of its own. It ought to have a personality."
- Glenn Miller

Reaction Score
Come on. I think we're all better off having seen Manute Bol take a 3-pointer.

I love how he doesn't (have to) leave his feet. He just throws it in the ocean.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You took a wrong turn somewhere in this thread and you keep driving, when the right move is to probably leave your car by the side of the road. It doesn't sound like you've watched basketball since the 1980s.

I am not the least bit responsible for the hyperbole in this thread. I never compared Brimah to Bol, Durant, Bosh, Love, Nowitzki, Kaminski, et al, but thanks for piling on. I'm sure it'll be good for a like or two.

Be that as it may, I'm stopping with this thread for a while. Among other things, I need to go home and feed my kid. Let me know when Brimah is tossing up treys with any regularity, because his next one in a game will be his first.

Reaction Score
I am not the least bit responsible for the hyperbole in this thread. I never compared Brimah to Bol, Durant, Bosh, Love, Nowitzki, Kaminski, et al, but thanks for piling on. I'm sure it'll be good for a like or two.

Be that as it may, I'm stopping with this thread for a while. Among other things, I need to go home and feed my kid. Let me know when Brimah is tossing up treys with any regularity, because his next one in a game will be his first.

I called you out because you said Love should never be near the 3 point line. This is is very, very stupid. You don't watch the NBA and should talk about things which you are familiar. Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I recalled you being a knowledgable college basketball poster. It seems that you've gotten so caught up in your argument that you're making yourself sound silly.

I don't think anyone wants Brimah shooting 3's; it has not been mentioned once. No one compared Brimah to KD, Dirk, Bosh or Kaminski. Stop with the straw men.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If you had substituted "Brimah" for "a 7 footer" in this sentence "I don't ever want to see a 7 footer take a 3 pointer"....no one would have thought anything of it.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If you had substituted "Brimah" for "a 7 footer" in this sentence "I don't ever want to see a 7 footer take a 3 pointer"....no one would have thought anything of it.

Had I said, "It's almost always a bad shot," it would have been more accurate to my original thought.

Naming 5 or so outliers doesn't make it a good play and it really is not necessarily based on height. It just so happens that taller players are more likely to have grown up playing on the block and/or with their back to the basket. There's a comfort level.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll admit that Kevin Love is the exception that proves the rule. That doesn't mean I get the warm and fuzzies when another like-dimensioned player takes that shot.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If it makes you feel any better, I'll admit that Kevin Love is the exception that proves the rule. That doesn't mean I get the warm and fuzzies when another like-dimensioned player takes that shot.

We could have saved an entire page of the internet if you had just said, "whoops, I didn't realize Kevin Love was a 37% three-point shooter" instead of having to be dragged out of your hole of wrongness like a deranged badger.

That aside, if Brimah takes a three, I'll tackle him myself.

Husky25

Reaction Score
We could have saved an entire page of the internet if you had just said, "whoops, I didn't realize Kevin Love was a 37% three-point shooter" instead of having to be dragged out of your hole of wrongness like a deranged badger.

That aside, if Brimah takes a three, I'll tackle him myself.

Dont lie, Fishy. You enjoyed yourself.

Husky25

Reaction Score
TO hit a pretty big 3 for us last year, didn't he?

Do I even have to give stats or can I rest my amended case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom