Quotes and stats from Creighton's Marquette post game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quotes and stats from Creighton's Marquette post game

Reaction Score
I don’t get all this pre game negativity. UCONN will put very good players on the floor. The same players that started when the season began (except 1), and the same - possibly plus Nika that started in their last game. Let’s stop the pre-game excuses. They are the better team. If they lose, let the post game bashing begin. No Rust, no exhaustion, no inexperience. No excuses. We have the best players and -supposedly the best coach. So, go out and win the damn thing.
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that Creighton will put 5 better basketball players on the court than UConn's 5. If UConn loses, the girls ought to try volleyball.

Reaction Score
I think it will be a turkeyshoot, with our biggest challenge getting the ball up the floor against thew press, but we are a well coached team which seems to handle the press well. Creighton will pack in the paint and we will have ample opportunities to knock down 3's. Relatively uncontested 3's for a change. If we miss some, we should definitely have the rebound advantage and have some put backs. I think it's a break out game. The girls must be chomping at the bit to break out by now.

Reaction Score
Let's write our own ticket. Let's lead from the top, increase the spread, show what we can do. Were close to being whole cloth, play like it! We need a good pace of play, variety in offense and to clean the boards. Our court and balls. We win!

Reaction Score
The good news for UConn is that Creighton has no size to speak of and will not present a low post challenge for UConn's Bigs. They play aggressive defense and move the ball well on offense, depending on knocking down perimeter shots to beat opposing teams. UConn should be able to manage without getting players into foul trouble.
From the sounds of it, we should handle them. But our offense has been spotty this season, especially from 3 point range! If we can’t score in the paint, Creighton wins.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t that long ago that there was a thread here debating how high in the National Rankings UCONN’s second string would be. Now we have been reduced to worrying if our first string - minus 1 - can beat a BE team who’s tallest player is one inch taller than Evina Westbrook. A team with players who simply aren’t as good as ours. If all this worrying turns out to be warranted. The “who will replace Geno” thread becomes much more relevant.

Reaction Score
You know, I was thinking the same thing. I simply cannot wrap my head around the idea that Creighton will put 5 better basketball players on the court than UConn's 5. If UConn loses, the girls ought to try volleyball.
There are a lot of factors in team sports beyond simply having the best players. I haven’t seen a single post that claimed Creighton had five better players. Perhaps it’s time for another viewing of “Hoosiers”.

Reaction Score
I’m very concerned about Butler. They’re just sitting and quietly waiting to pounce.

Reaction Score
It’s tough for me to worry about a team whose defense is rated #315 by Massey.
Not sure how Massey measures and rates defenses but if it is points given up, their run and gun, quick shot style will increase the number of possessions both teams have, logically driving up points scored.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom