Quote from Geno | The Boneyard

Quote from Geno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Re Bree: " I just think she's got an opportunity to be as good as any player we
have "EVER" brought here. That in itself says alot."

At this point he is genuinely really excited this team! This goes back to comments
and his mood about the coming years with Bree,Mo,and Morgan
he made last season! He believed we had the opportunity to experience something really,really,really,really special the next 4 years;)
Ira

Reaction Score
Re Bree: " I just think she's got an opportunity to be as good as any player we
have "EVER" brought here. That in itself says alot."

At this point he is genuinely really excited this team! This goes back to comments
and his mood about the coming years with Bree,Mo,and Morgan
he made last season! He believed we had the opportunity to experience something really,really,really,really special the next 4 years;)
Ira
I just hopes he makes it clear BS can't even try to dunk in game. I thought she was supposed to able to dunk easily... looked like anything but at First Night (from the clips I saw). I hope she didn't feel as bad about it as I did.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno has said that the freshmen are not really freshmen. They are ready for prime time.

For the next 4 years to be really, really special, Geno needs to recruit behind the class of 2012. The next step starts in a few hours.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I just hopes he makes it clear BS can't even try to dunk in game. I thought she was supposed to able to dunk easily... looked like anything but at First Night (from the clips I saw). I hope she didn't feel as bad about it as I did.

She is a tough and experienced young player...no need you to worry or whine.

Reaction Score
I'm always a little worried when one of our young ladies tries to dunk. It doesn't take much to land the wrong way and seriously hurt yourself. Lets all hope that the players stay healthy the entire season.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Dunk, schmunk.

I wish wbb fans would lose their ridiculous hangup with dunking. If you really need to watch women dunk, go to Dunkin' Donuts.
As do I. Even Griner, for all the hoopla, has scored exactly 14 points in her college career via the dunk.

Reaction Score

You don't get. The dunks at McDs were ally-op dunks. She can make those all day long. It's the ten foot wing span. Every guard on the team can throw them to her.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Dunk, schmunk.

I wish wbb fans would lose their ridiculous hangup with dunking. If you really need to watch women dunk, go to Dunkin' Donuts.
I'd probably word the sentiment a little differently, but I whole heartily agree with it.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I don't think it stretches one's imagination to think that Geno just might have said (to Breanna), "I hope you now have that silly dunk business out of your system," or words to that effect.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I don't think it stretches one's imagination to think that Geno just might have said (to Breanna), "I hope you now have that silly dunk business out of your system," or words to that effect.
I agree

Reaction Score

Don't know how much you can take from last night. All three men flubbed most of their dunk attempts. Heck, last year's winner, Boat, couldn't even make one on the final round.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Doubtful, since Geno is the one who said Breanna will dunk it in competition before she's finished at UCONN.

It's not like he loses sleep over it or dwells on it but he "gets it" in terms of fan excitement. He thought Maya would try it on a few occasions and I don't recall him throwing cold water on the idea in retrospect. Quite the contrary, actually.

Reaction Score
You don't get. The dunks at McDs were ally-op dunks. She can make those all day long. It's the ten foot wing span. Every guard on the team can throw them to her.
She has a ten foot wingspan? Why are her arms longer than any other human?
ps. She MIGHT have a seven foot wingspan.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Yeah, ten feet might be a teensie-weensie exaggeration...:D

But her wingspan has been measured a few times in recent years; a couple of years ago it was 6'10" hence her erstwhile nickname. More recently it was reported at 7'1" which puts her not too far from Griner in that department. Per ESPN, Griner's wingspan is 7'3 1/2"

Breanna 7'1" wingspan

Griner 7' 3 1/2" wingspan

Reaction Score

Yeah, ten feet might be a teensie-weensie exaggeration...:D

But her wingspan has been measured a few times in recent years; a couple of years ago it was 6'10" hence her erstwhile nickname. More recently it was reported at 7'1" which puts her not too far from Griner in that department. Per ESPN, Griner's wingspan is 7'3 1/2"

Breanna 7'1" wingspan

Griner 7' 3 1/2" wingspan

Hello, anybody home? Breanna tweeted that she was 7'0" wingspan a few months ago. It was on the Boneyard.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Hello, anybody home? Breanna tweeted that she was 7'0" wingspan a few months ago. It was on the Boneyard.

Hello! The link I posted is to an article with a video interview with--you guessed it--Breanna Stewart, where she states her wingspan was measured at 7'1". Perhaps her tweet re: 7 ft was a rounding off for sake of brevity. Who knows!

Both sources are from the horse's mouth and both have the measurement at at least 7 feet. That's all I was trying to get across, since the previous poster was not sure if the figure was accurate.

Reaction Score
Could not agree more. Dunking changes strategy for the worse, focuses the players on the wrong things and can have unintended consequences, even when it is successful. I'd be happy if they never attempted a dunk.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Could not agree more. Dunking changes strategy for the worse, focuses the players on the wrong things and can have unintended consequences, even when it is successful. I'd be happy if they never attempted a dunk.
That has been my philosophy all along.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
If they didn't get that the statement about 10' was hyperbole, then you probably have to explain what that means to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom