Quinones Interview | The Boneyard

Quinones Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The UConn quote sounds good, until you read all of them:

Michigan: “They have been contacting me pretty often of late. We are just building a good relationship and he (John Beilein) just tells me he is coming to see me and that I am a special player and to keep playing hard. He has just been saying that it is school tradition to go on a visit there to get that offer, so he is just waiting for me to go on a visit first.”

Ohio State: “Coach (Ryan) Pedon has been texting me a lot. They have been coming to some of my games lately. They have begun to start recruiting me pretty hard and that I am his top priority.”

Seton Hall: “That is a good school there and I have a good relationship with them. I am planning on taking an unofficial visit there next month, since it is close to home.”

St. John’s: “They are good, too. I have seen Coach (Chris) Mullin at a lot of my games and we have built a very good relationship with them. I am planning on taking an unofficial visit there next month, too.”

UCLA: “I like their style of play. They like to get out in transition, shoot a lot of 3s, and that is just my type of game. That is a big one for me that is showing interest.”

Maryland: “They are loving me, calling me, texting me and I think that they have been to all of my games this week. That is another one that I want to take an unofficial visit to, since it is so close to home.”

UConn: “Every time I look over there, I see Coach Kimani (Young) and Coach (Dan) Hurley at all of my games. That is just great to see.”

Reaction Score
Good to see the constant follow up on our priority targets by the staff. No doubt both know they are high priorities and hopefully the energy and time spent following them pays dividends. Would love to get them both.

C

Chief00

Good to see the constant follow up on our priority targets by the staff. No doubt both know they are high priorities and hopefully the energy and time spent following them pays dividends. Would love to get them both.

Chief has been saying how hard the coaches are grinding. Good to see recognition by the recruits of that reality.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chief has been saying how hard the coaches are grinding. Good to see recognition by the recruits of that reality.
They sure look like they are doing the right things and sending the right messages, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'm hopeful, but I will be happier when we have verbals and more confident when we have signedcommitment letters.

Reaction Score
Wasn't what I wanted to hear but ok. If I was a UCLA fan, I'd feel pretty good by the comment

C

Chief00

They sure look like they are doing the right things and sending the right messages, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. I'm hopeful, but I will be happier when we have verbals and more confident when we have signedcommitment letters.

True. But you need to start with the grind. Something that hasn’t happened here in recent years.

Reaction Score
The UConn quote sounds good, until you read all of them:

Michigan: “They have been contacting me pretty often of late. We are just building a good relationship and he (John Beilein) just tells me he is coming to see me and that I am a special player and to keep playing hard. He has just been saying that it is school tradition to go on a visit there to get that offer, so he is just waiting for me to go on a visit first.”

Ohio State: “Coach (Ryan) Pedon has been texting me a lot. They have been coming to some of my games lately. They have begun to start recruiting me pretty hard and that I am his top priority.”

Seton Hall: “That is a good school there and I have a good relationship with them. I am planning on taking an unofficial visit there next month, since it is close to home.”

St. John’s: “They are good, too. I have seen Coach (Chris) Mullin at a lot of my games and we have built a very good relationship with them. I am planning on taking an unofficial visit there next month, too.”

UCLA: “I like their style of play. They like to get out in transition, shoot a lot of 3s, and that is just my type of game. That is a big one for me that is showing interest.”

Maryland: “They are loving me, calling me, texting me and I think that they have been to all of my games this week. That is another one that I want to take an unofficial visit to, since it is so close to home.”

UConn: “Every time I look over there, I see Coach Kimani (Young) and Coach (Dan) Hurley at all of my games. That is just great to see.”
All these recent recruiting threads remind me of 1995 when Calhoun thought he had Wayne Turner and Randell Jackson in the bag. Turner signed with Kentucky and Jackson with FSU. Recruiting can be soooo disappointing, for coaches and fans alike. I hope Coach Hurley proves I'm just a paranoid fan and signs these kids.

Reaction Score
All these recent recruiting threads remind me of 1995 when Calhoun thought he had Wayne Turner and Randell Jackson in the bag. Turner signed with Kentucky and Jackson with FSU. Recruiting can be soooo disappointing, for coaches and fans alike. I hope Coach Hurley proves I'm just a paranoid fan and signs these kids.
nothing good has happened for us for a while now. I don't even care who we sign at this point. We've got 5 scholarships. We're going to fill them with somebody and I'm just going to trust Hurley that even if they're not top targets, they're still good players.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We are really light on offers for 2019 considering we'll have 5-6 open scholarships next year. I worry that we may be putting too many eggs in a small basket. Like why haven't we offered rivals 150 kids in our area like Anthony Walker and Tyson Etienne?

Reaction Score
We are really light on offers for 2019 considering we'll have 5-6 open scholarships next year. I worry that we may be putting too many eggs in a small basket. Like why haven't we offered rivals 150 kids in our area like Anthony Walker and Tyson Etienne?

It does seem the plan is concentrated on a very small number of kids. The last coach did that too, but this staff appears to be spending an enormously greater amount of time in this effort so maybe the results will be better too.
Let us pray..........

Reaction Score

Hurley didn't come to UConn to be Rhode Island.

He clearly has a plan and he's clearly putting in max effort to bring it about. Let's have faith and hope for the best.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree. I think it's better to see coaches name-dropped.
Im sure DH and team are working hard
What troubles me is that every other school he commented about he elaborated somewhat more than name dropping..............

C

Chief00

Hurley is now recruiting consistently against the big boys. schools with brands, resources and well oiled recruiting machines. He is also going for top players. So sure, he needs to up his game some from URI - and I have confidence he’s in the process of doing just that. One thing constant is his focus and intensity.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Im sure Dan Hurley and team are working hard
What troubles me is that every other school he commented about he elaborated somewhat more than name dropping....
If you're feeling troubled step outside and watch the full moonrise. Others saw this as a positive. None of us know.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
So you guys think every little word has some huge material meaning? These interviews are basically meaningless. This thread is insanity right now.

We’re going to all his games, he likes our coaches, and he literally just said he’s trying to boost his ranking. The sky isn’t falling at all.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So you guys think every little word has some huge material meaning? These interviews are basically meaningless. This thread is insanity right now.

Normalcy on here tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01