Quinnipiac vs Uconn | The Boneyard

Quinnipiac vs Uconn

Reaction Score
Wow, impressed with Quinn! Fun game to watch, they really do look good and are playing Uconn tough!
Looks like the Huskies might pull this one out. Pheesa would be a Wade finalist again if she had played like this all season. But this is the time of year that matters most.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Q presser will be fun and good on them. Very good on them. The Grands Dames of the Selection Committee can hit their mint juleps hard and be very afraid. The formula isn't working. Loving it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The combination of St Francis and Quinnipiac was really a great pair of tune-up games for UConn. In one game, UConn had to play 100 mph, and in the other they had to play at a glacial pace. Great preparation for whatever lies ahead.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Credit to Quinnipiac and Coach Fabrri. Well executed game plan - take the air out of the ball. Very scrappy team.

Good game for UConn. Showed patience. Pheesa, Kia and Z - great games. Good defense on our part to take away Quinnipiac's 3 point game.

Win and Advance.

Reaction Score
What an enjoyable game! Absolutely love Quinnipiac. They played so tough every single minute of the game, until the last half court shot went wide. Their interior defense was as good as it could be accomplished given the mismatches. Hands just everywhere. We really found it hard to get any kind of easy shots inside, except for a few by Z.

This was not an easy game to win. Tough competition by a team that deserves to be there. It is an honor to have played and beaten this team to earn a bearth to the Sweet 16.

Reaction Score
The Huskies can win no matter what style is thrown at them, but I have to admit, I did get a teensy bit nervous when they weren't breaking it wide open. I prefer the blowouts. The doctor says its better for my blood pressure.

Reaction Score
I'm a tad baffled. Isn't the object of the game to win? StFran decided to play up-tempo because that's how they play. They lost by about 80. Coach was proud of them. Quinn. decided to play slowly to limit UConn's opportunities. They lost by 25. How does either approach make any sense? Once an opponent is down by mucho, wouldn't a good team adjust? Try something else? Quinn. supposedly can gear it up whenever they choose. But weren't they so far down by the time they switched tempo that it really didn't matter? If A doesn't work and B doesn't work, then what? I'm afraid their coach will be proud of them as well for losing by less than they might have. Anyway, it's on to Albany and a fun chance to topple Duke and then the pretending champions.

Reaction Score
I prefer watching an uptempo game.

This made me wish for a 24 second clock! That was painful. Their offense came from lulling us to sleep and then chucking a Hail Mary at the buzzer. They did make a few nice plays winding down the clock, but omg, I don’t want to watch paint dry again.

Reaction Score
Impressed with the Q. Very good game. Interesting that some BYers wanted St. F to slow the game down. Now some wanted Q to speed it up. The truth: Teams with living, breathing coaches play to their strengths. St. F was a run and gun team all year. They could not play slowdown if they tried. Q plays a deliberate game and if they can speed it up, it's probably because they have some good three-point shooters. When you are playing against thne best team in the country, a team with a significant advantage in height and athleticism, it's probably not a good idea to switch horses in the middle of the stream.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
We need to have a 24-second shot clock in collegiate basketball. The history of the shot clock is interesting in that it takes so darn long to make a change. Canadian University basketball has a 24-second shot clock. If you found this game to be slow and boring—I seriously considered playing Russian roulette—you are not alone.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
core_package.jpg

Reaction Score
The combination of St Francis and Quinnipiac was really a great pair of tune-up games for UConn. In one game, UConn had to play 100 mph, and in the other they had to play at a glacial pace. Great preparation for whatever lies ahead.
I agree. The other style they could face that worries me is a team with real bigs. Neither of those teams had any real inside defensive or offensive presence.

Reaction Score
If I had invested my time and money to see this game in person...I would want a refund.

Quinnipiac played to not lose big, which imo, really makes for a fraud of a contest. I have much more respect for a team like St Francis which played to the spirit of the game and true to themselves.

Quinnipiac made a choice between losing big and losing bigger. The Quinnipiac players know this. Do you think it made them feel good about the nature of the loss? I don't think so.

The game was a turnoff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom