Quinnipiac/Moore | The Boneyard

Quinnipiac/Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been watching the Bobcats in Disney this weekend and now against Indiana St and this a pretty damn solid 0-4 team. They are leading Indiana St right now (2 losses to Iowa St and Stanford total of 5 points in this tourney) and they have some nice young players and a couple decent bigs. The one impressive big Chase Daniels is from Meriden and my HS alma mater Maloney (only first 2 years then on to New Haven) has some excellent feet on offense and can rebound the ball. Good size about 6'8" 230 and has shown tremendous improvement. A juco PG who wears striped socks with low cut sneaks, a frosh guard from DE and a kid named Kiss who just knows how to play tough nosed basketball. They have another big #1? who can play the high-low game with Daniels when in together.

Fun to watch and will get better during the year. Oh and a couple real nice in bounds plays form under the basket which led to points or good shots. Hmmmm.....Tim Welsh pointed out a few plays they ran as Jim Calhouns. Interesting, but for all the people dying to jump on this I mean nothing at all by it I swear.

I like who we have but Tom Moore is pretty good too. Perfect job for him!

Reaction Score
I went to a coaching conference that Moore spoke at this fall. Dude talked more about Calhoun and uconn than he did quinnipiac!

Such a Calhoun type guy too. Swear words, accent and All.

He seemed a little nervous about this season; they've had a few down seasons and he was worried about the future of the program. Hopefully that 0-4 turns around quick--they seem like they have the potential do win their conference.

Reaction Score
I have been watching the Bobcats in Disney this weekend and now against Indiana St and this a pretty damn solid 0-4 team. They are leading Indiana St right now (2 losses to Iowa St and Stanford total of 5 points in this tourney) and they have some nice young players and a couple decent bigs. The one impressive big Chase Daniels is from Meriden and my HS alma mater Maloney (only first 2 years then on to New Haven) has some excellent feet on offense and can rebound the ball. Good size about 6'8" 230 and has shown tremendous improvement. A juco PG who wears striped socks with low cut sneaks, a frosh guard from DE and a kid named Kiss who just knows how to play tough nosed basketball. They have another big #1? who can play the high-low game with Daniels when in together.

Fun to watch and will get better during the year. Oh and a couple real nice in bounds plays form under the basket which led to points or good shots. Hmmmm.....Tim Welsh pointed out a few plays they ran as Jim Calhouns. Interesting, but for all the people dying to jump on this I mean nothing at all by it I swear.

What do you like the most about KO? Recruiting?

Reaction Score
What do you like the most about KO? Recruiting?

I think he can coach, still learning but is solid. Yes he can recruit but needs to get better IQ guys and needs a couple big wins, Hami is a big one for him. Needs to talk to JC about inbounds play. When your relegated to a high throw to AB you're just not coaching proactively, UConn used to score from the baseline oob's. Think we have the right guy just needs to get better, but he's already proved he can win.

Reaction Score
I think he can coach, still learning but is solid. Yes he can recruit but needs to get better IQ guys and needs a couple big wins, Hami is a big one for him. Needs to talk to JC about inbounds play. When your relegated to a high throw to AB you're just not coaching proactively, UConn used to score from the baseline oob's. Think we have the right guy just needs to get better, but he's already proved he can win.

Ok...thanks.

C

Chief00

In bound plays that score points - what's that?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
QU has actually had some pretty good seasons where they just came short of making the tournament. From 01-05 they had a point guard by the name of Rob Monroe who was one of the finalists for the Cousy award.

Reaction Score
This is crazy. I watched them play the other day and wanted to ask those in the know, why no one talked about him on here anymore. I think Ollie should have added him to the staff this off season, if he was willing to come. I was thinking he was more of a bridge to Calhoun style coaching and I always heard he was a good recruiter for us. I'm sure Killings is an up and comer but I prefer Moore. I definitely want Ollie but he and Moore would be awesome.

Reaction Score
I have been watching the Bobcats in Disney this weekend and now against Indiana St and this a pretty damn sola frosh guard from DE and a kid named Kiss who just knows how to play tough nosed basketball.

Too bad Raftery won't be calling their games........

"......Kiss with the Kissssss."

Reaction Score
This is crazy. I watched them play the other day and wanted to ask those in the know, why no one talked about him on here anymore. I think Ollie should have added him to the staff this off season, if he was willing to come. I was thinking he was more of a bridge to Calhoun style coaching and I always heard he was a good recruiter for us. I'm sure Killings is an up and comer but I prefer Moore. I definitely want Ollie but he and Moore would be awesome.

He's happy there, family is happy there, QU has some cash guess he's doing fine. I agree would love him on the staff but my guess is he wants to the the guy, not next on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom