Quick Thoughts..... | The Boneyard

Quick Thoughts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crowd was way better than expected.
Trevardo was absolutely unblockable today. He can be a real beast. Another year in weight room and I see a huge year next year and potential NFL career. He reminds me of Freeney.
Why in the world did RU keep kicking it to Williams?
Where was this tem all year?
Very satisfying to knock off RU....they are perennialy bad to medicore, yet I hate them soooooo much. I turned to my friend when it was 40-10 and said I wanted it to be a 61-10 final.
PP drives me nuts with the clock management....we went to locker room with extra timeouts at end of half for no reason. In a close game that will cost us.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I agree with Coach P's time management at the end of the first half, but I believe it was a rational strategy. UConn had a big lead and would get the ball to start the second half. I think Coach P's thinking was not to do anything dangerous and have a turnover; get at least 3 points and leave as little time on the clock as possible for Rutgers to score. Maybe U'Conn would score again on their first possession in the second half. If that was his thinking, it sure worked out well.

Reaction Score
after the Davis catch they should have called a TO and would have got an extra play.

Reaction Score
Agreed, by not calling a TO they took away the possibility of a throw into the end zone at the end of the first half. We lost a play there.

Reaction Score
Agreed, by not calling a TO they took away the possibility of a throw into the end zone at the end of the first half. We lost a play there.

I like the fact that Coach P did not call a time out and go for a touchdown in the end zone. Rutger's would have know that they would have to throw into the end zone and there would have been too much risk of an interception.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that Coach P did not call a time out and go for a touchdown in the end zone. Rutger's would have know that they would have to throw into the end zone and there would have been too much risk of an interception.

Yes but the next play call, a screen, could have really backfired as McCoombs could have danced himself out of time and been tackled short of the goal line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom