Quick Thoughts on SMU game | The Boneyard

Quick Thoughts on SMU game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ian Eagle (announcer) and Joe Lunardi must go to the same "barber".

Funny how 2 very good defensive teams, who looks to be doing just that, somehow play a 81-73 game?

Boat is playing unbelievable. Very rarely forces anything yet look at the numbers. Amazing

Will the real Rodney Purvis step up? Hope he did...

Phil, still gets railed here and his minutes were huge.

DHam only 7 rebounds? lol...but 2 LARGE 3's. Heads up, he's coming.

Amida - ok, needs work but also needs to be out there no matter.

Need more from the bench. Facey had a couple nice rebonds late but missed a ton, never boxes out, always late to the game on both ends. Seems OC is AWOL - need him back. Tsam a couple nice plays but he scars the heck out of men the press. Need help for that next year!

GREAT win but as Stairmaster so eloquently put it - "Cautiously Optimistic"

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
T Sam's defensive intensity in the first half kicked the whole team up a gear. Think right around the time he took the elbow to the grill.

Reaction Score
Boat is now up to 42% on 3s, a 6% increase over his career average prior to this year, that's a substantial leap. Seeing Boat get a lil bit of space off of a screen or curl is damn near an automatic feeling these days, he's looking BG'ish with how fast he's squaring up and firing with all that elevation he gets.

Reaction Score
T Sam's defensive intensity in the first half kicked the whole team up a gear. Think right around the time he took the elbow to the grill.

He does have that on occasion. But when trying to make plays on their end making the passes, if you weren't thinking "now I know what they want Carter (others)" then you weren't watching closely. I was on the edge of the recliner with fists clenched with nerves. He hit their freakin basket once yikes! Scary...but his defense is okay at times and he is a perfect 4th guy.:oops:

Reaction Score
"Will the real Rodney Purvis step up? Hope he did..."

“Free throws are easy points, they can get you going,” Purvis said after the win. “I’ve been shying away from contact, not being as confident. I just need to go to the basket.”

There you have it....from the horses mouth

RP had a GREAT game.
Rodney we know you have the goods.

Boatright knows the struggles of an up-and-down year, but also knows, good things can come.

“I think it was just growing pains,” he said when talking about Purvis’ early season struggles. “He really only played one full year of college basketball, sat out last year and had surgery. He had that pressure put on him and I think early in the year, he had his ups-and-downs and you have to go through those. I went through that last year, that wasn’t my best year, but I stayed with it, kept believing and we finished strong with a National Championship. As long as he continues to keep believing in himself and keep working hard, we can turn this thing around.”

"Cautiously Optimistic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC