Quick review of nACC boards | The Boneyard

Quick review of nACC boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I was curious what UL, Pitt and 'Cuse fans were thinking of the latest realignment rumors and took a quick peak at their boards. I'm not a habitual lurker. The vast majority seem to think that the UNC, UVa, et al. rumors are total bogus and that the ACC is stronger than ever.

I have no idea if the ACCMis really in the B1G and/or B12s' cross hairs, but it certainly seems to be gaining legitimacy (ie not just from a WVU tweeter) and Maryland should have shook any belief that a departure was impossible. Just thought it interesting.

It reminds me of the change that occurs in fans when their team moves to a more secure conference. Look at them all. From Syracuse to WVU to RU. As soon as they were in their respective conferences nobody else was good enough to join them. It's the same with the fans of dead weight programs that look down on programs that have done 100 times what they have in lesser conferences (Northwestern).

Fans don't make the calls on who gets in (except it seems in FSU and BCs' cases) but I thought it was an interesting look at human nature. I hope we get the chance to be so douchy some day.

Reaction Score
So I was curious what UL, Pitt and 'Cuse fans were thinking of the latest realignment rumors and took a quick peak at their boards. I'm not a habitual lurker. The vast majority seem to think that the UNC, UVa, et al. rumors are total bogus and that the ACC is stronger than ever.

I have no idea if the ACCMis really in the B1G and/or B12s' cross hairs, but it certainly seems to be gaining legitimacy (ie not just from a WVU tweeter) and Maryland should have shook any belief that a departure was impossible. Just thought it interesting.

It reminds me of the change that occurs in fans when their team moves to a more secure conference. Look at them all. From Syracuse to WVU to RU. As soon as they were in their respective conferences nobody else was good enough to join them. It's the same with the fans of dead weight programs that look down on programs that have done 100 times what they have in lesser conferences (Northwestern).

Fans don't make the calls on who gets in (except it seems in FSU and BCs' cases) but I thought it was an interesting look at human nature. I hope we get the chance to be so douchy some day.

Head over to the Rutgers board for 5 minutes if you get a chance. If you thought they were obnoxious for basically doing nothing ever before, you should see them now. They are all basically appalled that the B1G would go past 14 because it would "dilute the league". Pretty ironic. We are also comparable to a 1-AA game in their eyes now, and they think they can schedule 3-for-1 games with us so that we can have the honor of playing them. I am not making this up.

Reaction Score
Head over to the Rutgers board for 5 minutes if you get a chance. If you thought they were obnoxious for basically doing nothing ever before, you should see them now. They are all basically appalled that the B1G would go past 14 because it would "dilute the league". Pretty ironic. We are also comparable to a 1-AA game in their eyes now, and they think they can schedule 3-for-1 games with us so that we can have the honor of playing them. I am not making this up.

That is some funny stuff right there. Someone needs to tell those folks to stop smoking the good stuff. Apparently everyone is smoking the same joint RutgerAl been passing around.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
It's like Boston College when the Flipper realized he could run the program into the ground and still proclaim the Eagles "New England's Team" with a straight face. Then The Flipper had the chutzpah to ask for a raise claiming he was the guy responsible for saving BC athletics via the ACC contract--after all the BC teams were stinking out the joint and bleeding ticket sales. If it wasn't for the ACC contract and the decisive action by the AD the Eagles would be doomed. Yes, give all the credit to Flipper.

Reaction Score

that is funny seeing Rutgers had the 2nd lowest rated (122k tuned in) college football game shown on any if the national networks

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They disgust me to my core.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets talk about all the smoke. f the cuse and bc fans who think md isn't leaving the acc still. they are sad face puppies now who know the future of private schools sucks.

the NBE commish wont talk about uconn but he will talk about others. JC last week said he thought uconn wouldnt be here. now we have unc with a b10 offer and so on. eventually all the smoke will mean something other than nelson killing the football program. were weither pulling a B1G move is secret ot were filling the acc slot. either way, f the nbe and f the acc even if we join it.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Listen I am not a conspiracy theorist... but I find it really unnerving listening to the silence from Aresco about our teams. Nothing nada, nilch... we are one of two marquee name brand teams in our league (if you count Cincy) and he barely whispers our name.

Reaction Score
Listen I am not a conspiracy theorist... but I find it really unnerving listening to the silence from Aresco about our teams. Nothing nada, nilch... we are one of two marquee name brand teams in our league (if you count Cincy) and he barely whispers our name.

I agree. It might not mean anything, but if it doesn't, it's extremely strange. It's almost like it pains him to bring us up.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree. It might not mean anything, but if it doesn't, it's extremely strange. It's almost like it pains him to bring us up.

Nobody mentions us anymore. The ban essentially means that the national media has collective amnesia. We no longer exist. Aresco isn't the only one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Nobody mentions us anymore. The ban essentially means that the national media has collective amnesia. We no longer exist. Aresco isn't the only one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
While this is true for bball right now, in the interview with Aresco on the Big East blog on ESPN.com, Aresco talked about each football program and listed one-two things about each. His listing of programs turned to the North and he said something about Cincy and then said, and I quote, "UConn." That was it. Very odd. I don't read into things but his reluctance to boast UConn's involvement in this league is mind-boggling.

Reaction Score

Tuberville! That's all he can say. By the way, did you know Tuberville left a patch of red clay because he loves Cincy chili?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom