Quick Read re. A. Anderson | The Boneyard

Quick Read re. A. Anderson

Reaction Score
FWIW I watched another Anderson 3-point assassin yesterday when I was bored. On HuskyGames.com dial up the infamous 2002 match-up with UMass when we were down 30-9 at halftime. I was there but left at halftime primarily because there was a large group of UMass fans several rows behind me that were going berserk and I just couldn't take it.

UConn just rained down the 3's in the second half led by the freshman Rashad Anderson. So much fun to re-live.

UConn vs UMass

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
If were forming Voltron i want this dude as the head. Keeps cool under pressure and wants to earn it. Focus and experience will really help this group.

Reaction Score
This is our fourth guard who averaged 11 a game playing against a pretty decent A10
Vital ,Adams, Gilbert, Anderson . 2nd on the team in steals.
I suspect we will be more pressure than in years .
When have we ever been this deep at guard especially with experiece.
Last year poor Adams was asked to do more than any UConn guard since Earl Kelly.
Even Kemba got to rest off the ball, Bazz made some mistakes but Freshman usually aren't.perfect.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If we play some 3 guard offense, he will get a lot of minutes backing them all up.

Reaction Score
Our locker room will be different with Anderson n Big Dave. They don't need to be the best players but Having mature n hardworking teammates does wonders for team chemistry. Ask Duran n Lebron about Ollie

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I love this kid. I think we have a great mix of players this season, the type where we will see better sum than the parts perhaps.

Similar to our recent great teams (without predicting the same end result).

I love the thought of Ollie looking at the reporter like "huh? Complement?"

I also am rooting for him hard with his Western NY roots.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Do you get the sense that he was thinking "compliment?"

Haha that's a funny thought, but no I was just picturing his incredulous face, like "this dude is pretty good."

Reaction Score
I'd put the over/under at 7.5 points 2 boards and 2 assists in 25 mins/game. I'm not saying he's not capable of putting up more, but if he does I would consider it an overperform. I hope he overperforms. His stats are going to be very dependent on how well he competes against Vital and AG battle in the for time. Those numbers are a tick higher than Kromah, and most people were very happy with his contribution.

Reaction Score
I'd put the over/under at 7.5 points 2 boards and 2 assists in 25 mins/game. I'm not saying he's not capable of putting up more, but if he does I would consider it an overperform. I hope he overperforms. His stats are going to be very dependent on how well he competes against Vital and AG battle in the for time. Those numbers are a tick higher than Kromah, and most people were very happy with his contribution.

I'm gonna put him under on the minutess if the 3 other guards are healthy. In part because I think Ollie wants to use him as a defensive pitbull.

Vital is the kind of player you just can't keep off the floor. He's earned it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
just saw him on Instagram next to vital. they r about the same size and built. Amderson's wingspan is massive. This might explain his defensive prowess. He might be able to guard the 3

I hope he's much more Kromah than not.

Kromah might have a stake as top 5 underrated Huskies ever, or just "Husky seasons" if you want to get specific.

Him and Giffey were SO BIG in 2014.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom