Quick Question | The Boneyard

Quick Question

Reaction Score
With two minutes to go in the first half, Hawkins blocked a Mitchell shot under the basket. I noticed the shot clock re-set to 30 seconds. Without a change of possession , was that an error?
The same thing happened at the women's game at XL.

Reaction Score
As far as I understand when you shoot the ball, you lose possession... the ball is in the air. So the shot-clock would reset even if the offense recovers the ball.
Nope. Using that reasoning, the shot clock would reset if you shot an air ball. That's not the case.

Shot clock only resets when the ball hits the rim, or there's a change in possession. There is no change in possession until the other team controls the ball.

Reaction Score
With two minutes to go in the first half, Hawkins blocked a Mitchell shot under the basket. I noticed the shot clock re-set to 30 seconds. Without a change of possession , was that an error?
The same thing happened at the women's game at XL.
It was a late change on the scoreboard. Mitchell shot and hit the rim on his 1st attempt, then got the rebound and Hawkins blocked the 2nd shot. It was also adjusted to reset to 20 once the ball was inbounded

Reaction Score
It was a late change on the scoreboard. Mitchell shot and hit the rim on his 1st attempt, then got the rebound and Hawkins blocked the 2nd shot. It was also adjusted to reset to 20 once the ball was inbounded
Ok, that makes more sense

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom