quick question about uk | The Boneyard

quick question about uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
how many players left their team last year and how many are coming in?

Reaction Score
Harrelson and Knight have left...and liggins I believe, but they have 4 of the top recruits (davis, teague, gilgrist, Wiljer)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
ok bc i was wondering how they have room if only 2 left

Reaction Score
the one question i want to know about is whos going to be their pg. a freshmen pg in march could cost them. just look at what happened to brandon knight in the f4. when his team needed him the most especially in the final minutes he disappeared and looked out of gas.

Reaction Score
the one question i want to know about is whos going to be their pg. a freshmen pg in march could cost them. just look at what happened to brandon knight in the f4. when his team needed him the most especially in the final minutes he disappeared and looked out of gas.
I agree, BK completely disappeared down the stretch vs us. In the final 8 minutes of the game, he shot 1-6, with the one made shot being that meaningless, undefended 3 as time expired. I'm not sure his disappearance had anything to do with being a frosh though. He was the only reason UK got past Princeton in the 1st round and tOSU in the Sweet 16, hitting game winners in both games. I think he was just gassed.

That said, come tourney time, I would take Shabazz over whoever they want to put on the court. Being a highly rated recruit is all well and good, but high-pressure, big game experience is invaluable. We have it, whoever is running their point doesn't.

Reaction Score
"Being a highly rated recruit is all well and good, but high-pressure, big game experience is invaluable. We have it, whoever is running their point doesn't."

this is the single biggest reason i just dont see uk winning it all. look at the last ten,heck last 15 national champs and see how many had freshmen pg. btw it was tjones who hit the meaningless 3 at the end.

Reaction Score
That F4 game vs UK was a strange one....you had that 8:00 stretch late in the game with no timeouts. Somehow, our guys handled it better than Calipari's guys did. Must have been the "Calhoun toughness" rubbing off on the kids... ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BK was more of a 2 guard playing the role of 1 guard and was still developing his role. Teague appears to be a natural 1. Kentucky will once again be very good this season and more than likely better than last season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure [Knight's] disappearance had anything to do with being a frosh though.

True, it had to do with UK playing a team that defended like no other team they faced. Next time you watch, notice that UK ran all their stuff that always resulted in open looks. Those looks were at a premium against UConn. The Squid had no Plan B.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ok bc i was wondering how they have room if only 2 left
They never were able to get Kantor. They had one ship available last season. So the three available plus the one ship gave them four this season.

Reaction Score
I am not trying to be a dick- but where the $#%^ did this Uk fassination come from? As far I can tell they have the least respected coach in the league and we waxed them like rain dance last year- the first time we made them cry.

If I see another Uk thread I am banning everyone!!!!!!!! (That is why I am not a mod).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we should be more worried about UNC and tOSU and Cuse and Ville than UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads