quick fix to our offense | The Boneyard

quick fix to our offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are in the top 10 of all D1 schools in terms of free throw percentage. The problem is we take the fewest free throw attempts per game of any potential tournament team. We need to attack more. Instead of wasting possession after possession on low percentage outside shots we need to give the ball more to shonn miller and jalen adams. Jalen should be averaging at least 4-6 ft attempts a game from now on. If we increase our attempts from 17 to 23 ft attempts per game my hopes for this team completely change. With the parity this season free throw attempts could be the difference from a first round exit to a sweet sixteen run or beyond. Don't settle..ATTACK the defense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We are in the top 10 of all D1 schools in terms of free throw percentage. The problem is we take the fewest free throw attempts per game of any potential tournament team. We need to attack more. Instead of wasting possession after possession on low percentage outside shots we need to give the ball more to shonn miller and jalen adams. Jalen should be averaging at least 4-6 ft attempts a game from now on. If we increase our attempts from 17 to 23 ft attempts per game my hopes for this team completely change. With the parity this season free throw attempts could be the difference from a first round exit to a sweet sixteen run or beyond. Don't settle..ATTACK the defense.

We attack the rim plenty. The problem is that many of our main guys (Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton especially) seem to approach contact as if avoiding an electric fence. And then they miss layups.

Reaction Score
Thats why I suggested we need to give the ball to miller and adams more

One of our core weaknesses is that we have guards that lack passing ability/vision. Easy to say "get it to Miller", hard to do when you have extremely below average passers/dribblers like Gibbs/Purvis/Calhoun taking up 80% of the backcourt minutes

Reaction Score
Forget about the offense this defense is horrendous. Open shots all game long

ollie for some reason playing 2 bigs(facey/brimah mostly) against houston when they are just bombing threes.

so foxing stupid. match up with them! run them off 3 point line. only way they beat us is if they shoot 3's effectively

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You guys aren't seriously complaining about the D are you?

Reaction Score
ollie for some reason playing 2 bigs(facey/brimah mostly) against houston when they are just bombing threes.

so foxing stupid. match up with them! run them off 3 point line. only way they beat us is if they shoot 3's effectively
So sixteen threes is "bombing" in your world?

Reaction Score
We attack the rim plenty. The problem is that many of our main guys (Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton especially) seem to approach contact as if avoiding an electric fence. And then they miss layups.
You are absolutely right. Many of our fans don't seem to understand that our guards and Hamilton are not very good at driving to the hole and getting fouls called our way. Its effort thing but also a talent thing too. Purvis and Gibbs are very limited players. Hamilton is a talent but he hasn't figured it out yet. In time, Adams will be very good at getting to the line. In the meantime, it kills me to watch this team play game after game and not get to the free throw line.

Reaction Score
Forget about the offense this defense is horrendous. Open shots all game long
Agree completely. I note for the record again that the "advanced metrics" that indicate that we are a great defensive team have not, it appears, ever watched us play.

Reaction Score
You don't think the reason we lost today was defense?

It most certainly was. From 15 minutes into the game and 9 point lead to the 5 minutes left and a 3 point lead the defense was putrid. There was much more intensity on show time down the offensive end than playing basketball the UConn way. And the 2 break outs late in the game with a lead and another which Hamilton ollay'd was just pitiful to watch as a Husky fan. DHam and AB jogging and not helping - just plain dreadful day to be there.

Reaction Score
You guys aren't seriously complaining about the D are you?
Not sure what game you watched, but Houston just over 50% against us today....mostly on wide open jumpers. The D lost us this game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not sure what game you watched, but Houston just over 50% against us today....mostly on wide open jumpers. The D lost us this game.

Actually, I read the thread too quickly, and thought it said it was about the entire season.

Reaction Score
Houston had 20+ transition points today. If you don't think our D sucked today, please explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom