Questions the media should ask Edsall at noon | The Boneyard

Questions the media should ask Edsall at noon

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sorry - I think this warrants its own thread.

I really would like someone to ask:
i) what is the plan for center on this roster this spring and next fall. Hubbard? Nyadu? ???
ii) how many additional kids do they expect to take in February?
iii) have any of the non scholarship kids on the roster been awarded a scholarship yet this year?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you going to quit if Corey doesn't get a waiver?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sorry - I think this warrants its own thread.

I really would like someone to ask:
i) what is the plan for center on this roster this spring and next fall. Hubbard? Nyadu? ???
ii) how many additional kids do they expect to take in February?
iii) have any of the non scholarship kids on the roster been awarded a scholarship yet this year?

Of those three questions, the only one you are likely to get a clear answer on is the last one.

He likely won't know about the center position until at minimum the Spring game if not the summer. And although he might expect at least 1 or 2 more kids to sign in February (i.e., Maloney), the staff might still be actively pursuing other kids in other areas that also didn't sign early. One of the weird little wrinkles about the early signing period is that it will REALLY focus all of the coaching staffs around the country on the select few students who didn't sign. If there are any big names still left out there, the next month for those kids will be non-stop calls, I'm assuming...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Of those three questions, the only one you are likely to get a clear answer on is the last one.

He likely won't know about the center position until at minimum the Spring game if not the summer. And although he might expect at least 1 or 2 more kids to sign in February (i.e., Maloney), the staff might still be actively pursuing other kids in other areas that also didn't sign early. One of the weird little wrinkles about the early signing period is that it will REALLY focus all of the coaching staffs around the country on the select few students who didn't sign. If there are any big names still left out there, the next month for those kids will be non-stop calls, I'm assuming...

You dont think we can get a clear answer on the C position? Who has been snapping the ball on the scout team last fall, lets start with that.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You dont think we can get a clear answer on the C position? Who has been snapping the ball on the scout team last fall, lets start with that.

No, I don't. I think you will get the typical Edsall answer of "the best player will play, and we're going to have to see how they compete and prepare and execute over the next few months." Something to that effect. You may get a list of players that he'll be looking at in that spot, but he's not going to come close to naming a starter at ANY position...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
No, I don't. I think you will get the typical Edsall answer of "the best player will play, and we're going to have to see how they compete and prepare and execute over the next few months." Something to that effect. You may get a list of players that he'll be looking at in that spot, but he's not going to come close to naming a starter at ANY position...
I dont expect a starter named. But come on, spring practice starts just around the corner and a couple guys will need to snap the ball.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 25s 26 seconds ago
Edsall will look to sign seven more players by February.

Good to have a number. This suggests to me that he may have gone ahead and granted Donaldson and Keating a scholarship, otherwise I think they might have room to get 9 more if we signed 19 today. Regardless, no need to guess anymore, the number is 7.

Reaction Score
Good to have a number. This suggests to me that he may have gone ahead and granted Donaldson and Keating a scholarship, otherwise I think they might have room to get 9 more if we signed 19 today. Regardless, no need to guess anymore, the number is 7.

Eli Thomas counts for this year

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This probably answers the question on why we aren't pursuing some of the louder kids on twitter.

Edsall and Lane Kiffin. Two peas in a pod.

Kiffin, FAU agree to new contract through 2027

"I can go wherever I want and not many people recognize me, and who wouldn't love living in Boca?" said Kiffin, who bought a place on the water and owns a boat and two jet skis, along with a dock where he can fish.

"There's no entitlement with these kids. They're hungry, and every time we win, it's like they've just won the Super Bowl. That's a great feeling, seeing them get what they deserve. There's a brotherhood that we've created here, and I think we've got a chance to be even better next year."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So 2 more DBs to add to get to nine this cycle on top of the 6 from last year? So we will have 15 very young DBs next August?

Nine new DBs is a strong indication that the staff is prepared to move on from nearly 100% of the kids already from the 2017 class....particularly if they don't improve this spring. Of those 2017 kids, I think Edsall feels ownership in just Brown and Fox, the rest were Diaco guys if I recall correctly.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Should we infer anything dark about his reference to this year, next and one more?

Reaction Score
So 2 more DBs to add to get to nine this cycle on top of the 6 from last year? So we will have 15 very young DBs next August?

Nine new DBs is a strong indication that the staff is prepared to move on from nearly 100% of the kids already from the 2017 class....particularly if they don't improve this spring. Of those 2017 kids, I think Edsall feels ownership in just Brown and Fox, the rest were Diaco guys if I recall correctly.

Reading too much into it - Edsall just said he wants 15 scholarship DBs on the roster each year.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Some of it might be the recognition that they are less enthusiastic about DBs on the current roster. But some of it is almost certainly a recognition that we are going to stick with the 3-3-5 in the foreseeable future and that demands 10 DBs at minimum to be on the 2-deep...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Should we infer anything dark about his reference to this year, next and one more?

You should infer that he's planning on being here for the next three years, which is a good sign when considering the debacle playing out between the state of CT and Corey Edsall...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Reading too much into it - Edsall just said he wants 15 scholarship DBs on the roster each year.

Adding two more would give us 18.... Seems excessive unless...

1.Terry - RS Junior
2.Herring - RS Sophomore
3.Coyle - RS Sophomore
4.Fortt - Sophomore
5.Swenson - Sophomore
6.Swann - Sophomore
7.Brown - Sophomore
8.King - RS Freshman
9.Olaniyan - RS Freshman
10.Lazarus - Freshman
11.Morrison - Freshman
12.Carroll - Freshman
13.Banks - Freshman
14.Lucien - Freshman
15.Paul - Freshman
16.Robinson II - Freshman
17. TBD - Freshman
18. TBD - Freshman

Reaction Score
Adding two more would give us 18.... Seems excessive unless...

1.Terry - RS Junior
2.Herring - RS Sophomore
3.Coyle - RS Sophomore
4.Fortt - Sophomore
5.Swenson - Sophomore
6.Swann - Sophomore
7.Brown - Sophomore
8.King - RS Freshman
9.Olaniyan - RS Freshman
10.Lazarus - Freshman
11.Morrison - Freshman
12.Carroll - Freshman
13.Banks - Freshman
14.Lucien - Freshman
15.Paul - Freshman
16.Robinson II - Freshman
17. TBD - Freshman
18. TBD - Freshman

Robinson is gone and there maybe a position change or two on that list all said and done.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Isnt crozier still around?

Multiple knee surgeries in college hasn't been a path to success. See Bennett, Jimmy and Hopkins, Tommy. Wish Crozier well. He was above average when he was healthy. I wouldn't expect anything going forward. Have to recruit like he's gone.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Robinson is gone and there maybe a position change or two on that list.
Robinson II just signed.

Does Swann to RB make anysense? Maybe someone else goes to WR.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My bad on the roman numeral Robinsons. They also have Hahn as a DB on the roster.

My guess is that there is one position change this spring and one more at the end of August. As for Hahn, we all know he is not a DB. The staff is lazy with the online roster and I am sure that is by design.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom