Questions re 2019 Center Prospects | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Questions re 2019 Center Prospects

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kofi and the whispers of “bad hands” does frighten me. One of the most important attributes for a big and most of the time can’t be “taught” instead it’s a natural gift.

Give me the kid with good hands all day. Maybe the rumors are wrong because he is a man among boys.
If we get Akok my definite preferences is for Kofi.

I'm concerned about the hands as well. It was a big problem for AO. AO had other problems (which we both agree) particularly with the pick and role and his inability to prevent taller fives from making shots in the short to mid range game because they were able to easily shoot over him. However he kept his defender honest in the paint. And it appears that Kofi will frequently force opposing teams to have two players defending the post against him. This should really help our perimeter players with their ability to drive into the lane and make it more difficult to defend the 3pt shots. Given that we are finally recruiting good perimeter shooters I want that body in the paint.

With Akok any defensive liabilities are mitigated. Further he spreads the defense making it difficult to put two bodies on Kofi.

I feel Tre and Akok's games are too similar and as a consequence make it easier for teams to plan defenses. Quadus would be a better choice if we get Akok.

Now if we don't get Akok, I want Tre.

Reaction Score
He's in a period of silence. I mean really how could that be any more clear?

So he won't be making anymore vague predictions, with little to no real information?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So he won't be making anymore vague predictions, with little to no real information?
Shhh.... silent period.

C

Chief00

He's in a period of silence. I mean really how could that be any more clear?

I guess Titletown doesn’t understand what went down a few days ago. Sometimes it’s best to keep one’s mouth shut. Chief does what’s best for the program. Having said that Chief’s predictions stand. The more sophisticated posters know what Chief means.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj

Reaction Score
I guess Titletown doesn’t understand what went down a few days ago. Sometimes it’s best to keep one’s mouth shut. Chief does what’s best for the program. Having said that Chief’s predictions stand. The more sophisticated posters know what Chief means.

We know what you mean Chief. SEC.gov | Quiet Period. Don't be a gun-jumper!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom