Questions on coaching staff. | The Boneyard

Questions on coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ummm, is it just me or have we NOT had a verbal from anyone in 2-3 days? What's going on with the coaching staff? Do they have a clue what they are doing? Has the recruiting game passed Geno by? Nothing from the 2016 class, 2015 class or even the 2017 class. Disheartening to say the least.

There has to be a dozen 2015 players still uncommitted out of the top 100. At least double that for 2016 and quadruple that for 2017. I know we have scholarships available. And still, day after day those scholarships go unused.

How the hell are we gonna make a run at Tony's 195-0 if the coaching staff is sitting around on their hands all day? I'll tell you, I'm beginning to doubt this team can go undefeated for the next 4-5 years. And that is just unacceptable for us fans.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure many of us on here are feeling the same way.

HGN

Reaction Score
Meyers, I feel y0ur pain..... They give us a tasty morsel early in the week with Irwin and then nothing. That morsel can make a fan hungry for more.

What's a fan to do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And I haven't seen a UConn coach, player, former player, or Boneyarder in person in almost 3 weeks. Please help!!! :)

HGN

Reaction Score
Milford, I hope you brought a lunch and a lounge chair because you may be in for a looooong wait. They got privacy now in the new facility. Limited access. No peeks at practice , therefore , no feedback on who's looking good in practice. Coaches have their offices in the new Champion Center so you don't get to see them either.

I knew it , I knew it , I knew it..........I knew that Champion Center would have a drawback.......And I think we found it.

Jim

Reaction Score
I knew it , I knew it , I knew it.....I knew that Champion Center would have a drawback..And I think we found it.

I feel a P.O.N. (Pointing Out Negatives) thread brewing...

Reaction Score
Interesting how much focus is on future recruits. I'm guilty of this also, I can't wait to see who will verbal next and project what the 2016/2017 roster's and line up's will look like. I have to catch myself sometimes from looking too far ahead. What the heck, I haven't even watched this year's outstanding freshman crop play a single minute yet !
On a somber note, if I want to come back down to reality, I only have to read Texas stipend thread to see where WCBB is headed.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Meyers7 - I really admire your bravery in expressing publicly what so many of us have been feeling privately! Even the most justified criticism of Geno and the coaching staff is generally met with so much hatred and vitriol that most of us have been cowed into silence by the attack dogs here. All I can say is THANK YOU!
And given your heroic stand, I now find I have the courage to added to your plaintive cry my own thoughts:
I am just furious ... it isn't just the total lack of any effort from our coaches, the past three days have proven that the really great WCBB programs are marching forward - each morning I dread my boneyard visit as the crushing blows keep raining down - first OK gets a commit, then Baylor, then this morning I find ND has stolen the march!!! Arike is domed and now ...
WE ARE DOOMED!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
elephant poop.jpg

Life could be way worse.....:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just goes to show there is a difference between a paper course at UNC shoveling a pile of shat and shoveling it at other universities.

Reaction Score
ummm, is it just me or have we NOT had a verbal from anyone in 2-3 days? What's going on with the coaching staff? Do they have a clue what they are doing? Has the recruiting game passed Geno by? Nothing from the 2016 class, 2015 class or even the 2017 class. Disheartening to say the least.

There has to be a dozen 2015 players still uncommitted out of the top 100. At least double that for 2016 and quadruple that for 2017. I know we have scholarships available. And still, day after day those scholarships go unused.

How the hell are we gonna make a run at Tony's 195-0 if the coaching staff is sitting around on their hands all day? I'll tell you, I'm beginning to doubt this team can go undefeated for the next 4-5 years. And that is just unacceptable for us fans.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. I'm sure many of us on here are feeling the same way.

And I was roundly castigated for "excessive use of sarcasm." Geez. :)

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Meyers; With all due respect, it seems to me that you and everyone else in this thread have missed the point. As you no doubt remember, Geno was obliged to shorten his bench last year. Now, those players who are not currently on the floor, have GOT to sit on that shortened bench. This year alone, we have added two (net) additional players, so the bench is going to be crowded. Next year, we will add (net) two more. Were we to add any more (net) players in 2017 there just would not be room on the bench for them all. They gonna be all scrunched up as it is. Think ahout it. Geno knows what he is doing.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
gris - this is why wise 'yarders are so concerned about the exact height of each player. Miss an inch and BOOM, someone is on the floor. More than likely, it will be the Water Girl who take the fall, and no one wants to see THAT...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Justin; You know that I generally really like your posts, but I am afraid that in this one you are laboring under a misapprehension. I don't want to embarass you or anything, but the "shortness" of the bench refers to its LATERAL dimension, not its VERTICAL one. You see, there is almost unlimited space ABOVE the bench. It could accommodate players of almost any degree of height; would certainly be able to contain at least one or two players of 6'9" or so, and I hope that it will. Height is not the dimension with which we have to be concerned. It is not the boom, but the beam that must be allowed for. Perhaps the solution would be to invest in a longer bench, if the Athletic Department funds can stretch that far. If I happen to run into Geno, I will suggest it, though I hate to meddle with an essentially successful program. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Gris - you have indeed pointed out the short sightedness of this coaching staff in shortening the bench last year! Did they not realize that the short bench while perfect one year might lead to problems in future years. Or perhaps it was their defeatist attitude thinking before they even started recruiting that they had no chance to do more than replace one body with another!

I can see another fundraising drive for a new bench to replace this prematurely shortened bench, and I have no doubt that once again the women alumni will shoulder the heaviest burden - the men just have no loyalty!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom