Questions Hang Over NCAA Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Questions Hang Over NCAA Tournament

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I would imagine housing 64 teams, staff, officials, etc. is an enormous logistical problem. I'd like to see how the men's side is planning to do it. If they can do it, certainly the women's side can do it.
Actually all you need is the hotel (s), at least 4 arena's and transportation. Like in Las Vegas they could house all of the teams and personnel in one hotel. They would be able to actually play in at least 4 and up to 8 courts within a few miles of the hotel. To get to the arena that they would be playing at the NCAA would have to hire a transportation company with buses who would also be part of the bubble. Last year Las Vegas had 4 separate Conference tournaments in both the men's and women's held in a two week time span and that was with the fans. This year it would appear that the fans would be very limited so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Reaction Score
Yea, Moderna’s CEO is something of a car salesman. But their Chief Medical Officer is a really impressive guy, who appears to know what he’s talking about.

There is a distinct advantage to the Moderna vaccine over Pfizer’s. While both require temperature control, Moderna’s can be stored in any home freezer. Pfizer requires specialized freezer storage to -94 F.
Hopefully it's their first. Here in Ct. 12 hospitals have received those freezers for the Pfizer vaccine.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
As sad as I am to say this, I am not optimistic! Difficult to see how they pull off a 64 team tournament with no quarantines/cancellations! Of course, I am praying they can but I don’t know.

An entirely neutral-court 2021 women's NCAA tournament might be on the way, with travel a one-time proposition and placement in the bracket not dependent on the mode of transportation necessary to reach a site. Last week, the NCAA announced that the 2021 men's college basketball tournament would be played at a single site because of the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. ~ Charlie Cream ESPN.com

How a single-site women's NCAA tournament impacts Bracketology

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom