Questions about the Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

Questions about the Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
I was just curious if anyone knows exactly how this works. I mean is there a start point where they can start committing to a new school? Can they do it immediately? Is there a set time they have to sit before they can do anything. Thanks if anyone has information about it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any kind of time frame between when they enter their name in the portal and when they announce their new school. I think clearly some already know where they will be heading before they even announce entry into the portal, so the time between entering and finding a new home can be very short in some cases.

Reaction Score
Also, what does it say when a school has multiple players going into the portal? Right now that are two or more players from Oregon, Notre Dame, and Maryland....

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Also, what does it say when a school has multiple players going into the portal? Right now that are two or more players from Oregon, Notre Dame, and Maryland....
If you compiled a full list of schools with 2 or more players, it would be several dozen. I think 3 per team is basically the average nation wide. What does it say about any one particular school? Nothing. Entering the transfer portal is a craze, has been for the last 2 off seasons. Well over 1000 players entered last year and it's rapidly approaching that number again this year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If you compiled a full list of schools with 2 or more players, it would be several dozen. I think 3 per team is basically the average nation wide. What does it say about any one particular school? Nothing. Entering the transfer portal is a craze, has been for the last 2 off seasons. Well over 1000 players entered last year and it's rapidly approaching that number again this year.
I believe a major force behind so many entering the transfer portal is the "immediate eligibility" factor for first time entrees.
If it is a second time entry, they must have a specific reason. IMO.

Reaction Score
You cannot have had a conversation, arrangement, encouragement, or plan with a coach or agent of that coach and must so certify as must the coach. If you don't use the portal you must sit out a year as per the old rules.

Reaction Score
Watching the season unfold & culminate in another UConn WBB Final Four run & Championship Game appearance, I wonder if Mir McLean and/or Saylor Poffenbarger regret their decisions.

My gut is “no” based on each’s situation. Saylor with a great coach & up-and-coming Arkansas program while Mir played immediately for great academic school close to home.

I also wonder if Mir is aware that both Geno & Dawn have ties to Virginia WBB— former as AC & latter as player following his move to Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom