Questions about our game | The Boneyard

Questions about our game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm living overseas and wondered if anyone would care to give some opinions of the game. Specifically, O-line and D-line. I know might not be a good metric but I was curious about sacks allowed, and what kind of holes we were making for our RBs? On defense, pressure on the QB, sacks, etc.

Also WR separation? I would hope we were seeing some good things from our WRs from outmatched CB's. Would I be assuming correctly?

Looking forward to reading the View from Section 241 but until then...

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I thought over all the whole team looked a little sluggish..... to start out anyways. Maybe that was because I watched TCU/Baylor the night before. The quarterbacks are definitely the weakest link. Thank God there are 4 more non conference games before W. Virginia. The defensive line looks like it can hold it's own with anyone in the conference. It's hard to judge the offensive line but I wasn't real happy with the left side letting the QB get sacked. First game, new system. They'll tweak it out and be ready for Vandy next week.

Reaction Score
It's tough to get a good read against an opponent like Fordham. Both lines dominated. If they didn't we'd be in for a long season. As for the passing game, it's gonna be a work in progress. Still needs work. It wasn't horrible, but against stiffer competition it would've been tough out there. Bottom line, I am cautiously optimistic that as the season goes on, we have some weapons on offense that will keep us in a lot of games. We're not going to average 30 points a game, but I think our offense will be much more balanced than last year.

IMO, I'd like to see McEntee start with McCummings giving opponents a different look. I don't mind that at all. Nebrich looks like a good prospect, but needs just a little more polish IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline
Top Bottom