Question: What 2012 recruits are we still in play for? | The Boneyard

Question: What 2012 recruits are we still in play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I haven't been following our 2012 recruiting as closely as of late. I know we just had an in-home with Chris Obekpa, top 15 C according to Rivals. Scout sill has us on Bennett & Goodwin, but I can't remember if either or both are still considering UConn.

As for Guards, I know we're still in it with Purvis, but geography wise, I would think we're at a disadvantage since most of his other schools are down where he lives. But after witnessing the Daniel's coup, I'm not about to write this one off.

I know I'm asking a lot but can someone list who we're still in it for per position and what our perceived chances are with them. Also feel free to list or indicate which of these recruits you prefer most and why.

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Goodwin committed to UK last week. We are still in the running for bennett, Obekpa and Purvis. Many seem to think we have a good shot at Purvis.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I think we are in good position with Bennett and Purvis, Ok position with Jarnell Stokes even though I doubt he leaves the south but is suppose to be on campus for an official visit on September 30th not to sure about Obekpa. And Goodwin commited to Kensucky last week.

Reaction Score
I think we are in good position with Bennett and Purvis, Ok position with Jarnell Stokes even though I doubt he leaves the south but is suppose to be on campus for an official visit on September 30th not to sure about Obekpa. And Goodwin commited to Kensucky last week.

Oops, my bad. I knew Archie Goodwin committed to UK last week or so. I was looking at the Scout's top PFs and meant to list Bennett & Stokes, but by accident saw William Goodwin who's not a UConn recruit still uncommitted and listed Bennett & Goodwin in error. There's also a 2012 recruit named Goodman. I guess there is such thing as too much of a Good thing. :)

Of the 2s, I really wanted Archie Goodwin the most, but Purvis would be a nice get. I saw him play on TV and was not especially impressed, but it's never good to draw any conclusions from one event.

As for 2012 Bigs, we're still in it for Stokes and now Obekpa. I've seen Stokes play once or twice and wasn't overly impressed with him either. If my memory serves me, he showed poor shot selection, but did work hard inside when he set his mind to it. Hard to tell how good these bigs will be defensively. As much as I'd like to add bigs that have some solid offensive skills, IMO their ability to defend, rebound and block shots are more important when it comes UConn's style of play. I wonder if AD's presence even though he's a likely one-and-done is scaring many of the bigs away.

Reaction Score
It's all about Purvis and Bennett (/Obekpa) at this point. I think UConn has a good chance at both, but neither are by any means a lock.

There's also always the possibility that Noel reclassifies, although he continues to insist he's not.

Reaction Score
It's all about Purvis and Bennett (/Obekpa) at this point. I think UConn has a good chance at both, but neither are by any means a lock.

There's also always the possibility that Noel reclassifies, although he continues to insist he's not.

My gosh! If Noel reclassifies then he's the one I want hands down.

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels seemed to suggest that he believed UConn was in very good shape with Purvis. Couple that with Omar Calhoun lobbying for Purvis to join him at UConn and I think there may be reason to be optimistic, although UConn is probably far from a lock.

Noel would be an awesome get. I'm hoping the signs that point to him perhaps favoring Syracuse don't really mean much.

Reaction Score
I didn't know why Stokes' name kept popping up, until you mentioned that he is taking an official here on the 30th! I still think that Purvis is the one.
l

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
IDK about Purvis I think we have a great shot at Bennett tho.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt this will happen, but can you imagine if the NBA changes the rookie rule to 2 years out of HS and somehow we end up with both Drummond and Noel in our front court? That would be something I'd love to see. Now I'm just hoping we get to see one good year of AD capped by a dominating crescendo. Then eventually get Noel to keep our pain-dominance going. The thought of both of them together would be a sight to see though.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt this will happen, but can you imagine if the NBA changes the rookie rule to 2 years out of HS and somehow we end up with both Drummond and Noel in our front court? That would be something I'd love to see. Now I'm just hoping we get to see one good year of AD capped by a dominating crescendo. Then eventually get Noel to keep our pain-dominance going. The thought of both of them together would be a sight to see though.
i dont know about noel/drummond teaming up but a 2 year rookie rule for the nba isnt that far fetched. david stern wants it an he may just get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom