Question UCF football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question UCF football

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Save yourself the stress. If Notre Dame is 12-0 they are in. It would take 4 undefeated P5 teams to keep them out and we already know that can’t happen.

You're probably right. I'm just rooting for any kind of chaos. If ND gets in, then I want Big 12 and/or PAC12 officials to immediately begin wailing about the system being unfair. Not that it would do much, but maybe Texas/OU/USC/Oregon will have a little sway. Fingers crossed anyway.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So Diaco screwed up the AAC's best shot at getting a team in? Great.
We beat them the year before,but they then went on to win the AAC title vs a ranked Navy team and then won their NY6 game. They started the next year very highly ranked with Duke Catalon and Greg Warde Jr. leading a loaded offense.

Beat OU the opening weekend and were something like 6th or 7th nationally but faultered down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for these 3 teams, they all have to play each other. Someone is coming out of that with 2 losses and slip out of the rankings.

One of the three may end up 0-2 but they could all end up 1-1. Worse case scenario for AAC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're probably right. I'm just rooting for any kind of chaos. If ND gets in, then I want Big 12 and/or PAC12 officials to immediately begin wailing about the system being unfair. Not that it would do much, but maybe Texas/OU/USC/Oregon will have a little sway. Fingers crossed anyway.

You want true Chaos. I think this can happen off the top of my head.

Clemson a one loss ACC Champ.
Michigan a one loss Big Ten Champ.
Notre Dame one loss.
Texas or Oklahoma or WVU a one loss XII champ.
Wash St or Oregon a one loss P12 champ
Georgia or Florida w 1 loss SEC champ
Ohio State one loss to Michigan
Alabama one loss to LSU
UCF undefeated

8- 1 loss teams... with the possible best two not winning their conference. Plus one on a 20 something game winning streak.

It might kill Pawwwllllll

Reaction Score
They were ranked #10 last week and after a come from behind win against Memphis they are ranked #10 AGAIN this week when #2, #6, #7, and #8 all lose. How did they really not move up in the ranks?

That cancelled game against UNC hurt them.

Where is conspiracy kitty?
How is ND at 4 when they barely squeak by Pitt at home (by 5), when UCF beat Pitt by 30?

Reaction Score
How is ND at 4 when they barely squeak by Pitt at home (by 5), when UCF beat Pitt by 30?

Because the Irish have beaten two top 30 teams (one a top 10) and UCF hasn't played a top 30 team. And NOtre Dame is 7-0...UCF is 6-0.

And if you like those transitional scores...UCF barely beat Memphis by one point...and Memphis lost to Navy who is 2-4 as well as to 2-4 Tulane.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The current system is not hard to understand. It is designed to insure the big power programs maintain a stranglehold on the National Championship, the money, and the premiere recruiting.

The Alabamas, Clemsons and Ohio States of the world know they need only win their games (and can even lose one) and they are in the playoff. This, in turn, allows them to recruit the best players since only a handful of school even have a chance to win it all. Moreover it encourages the big power programs to play a weak schedule. Bama won't play a home/home with UCF since there is no benefit in playing a strong G5 program.

There is a reason the playoff has not been expanded to 8 or 16 and that reason is exclusivity. This is truly a rigged system....its all access and control. Sadly, college football suffers because premiere programs do not want to schedule tough out of conference games.

Reaction Score
Look at this way...

Last year, Clemson had an SOS of #4 and played 8 teams in the top 30

UCF had an SOS of #72 and played 1 team in the top 30.

Clemson, in OOC last year, did play and beat Auburn (for the second year in a row)...as well as play teams that, at the time they played them, were #7, #12, #13, #14, and #20.

Auburn is the same team that UCF is blowing their horn over by beating them in the bowl...Clemson been there did that and more.

The year before the Auburn series (2015) Clemson played #6 Notre Dame.

The year before that, they played Georgia and again, the year before that.

Clemson has not played a weak schedule...exactly the opposite.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You want true Chaos. I think this can happen off the top of my head.

Clemson a one loss ACC Champ.
Michigan a one loss Big Ten Champ.
Notre Dame one loss.
Texas or Oklahoma or WVU a one loss XII champ.
Wash St or Oregon a one loss P12 champ
Georgia or Florida w 1 loss SEC champ
Ohio State one loss to Michigan
Alabama one loss to LSU
UCF undefeated

8- 1 loss teams... with the possible best two not winning their conference. Plus one on a 20 something game winning streak.

It might kill Pawwwllllll
That would be something. I hope it happens.

Reaction Score
Look at this way...

Last year, Clemson had an SOS of #4 and played 8 teams in the top 30

UCF had an SOS of #72 and played 1 team in the top 30.

Clemson, in OOC last year, did play and beat Auburn (for the second year in a row)...as well as play teams that, at the time they played them, were #7, #12, #13, #14, and #20.

Auburn is the same team that UCF is blowing their horn over by beating them in the bowl...Clemson been there did that and more.

The year before the Auburn series (2015) Clemson played #6 Notre Dame.

The year before that, they played Georgia and again, the year before that.

Clemson has not played a weak schedule...exactly the opposite.
I'd say Clemson does try to schedule some higher profile teams. I mean they got UCONN on the schedule and I'd like to think we're pretty high profile.

Reaction Score
Yeah...a good payday of $1.2 million for UConn to go to Clemson...

Clemson only pays Furman $500,000 a game ($1 million for two games)..and the Citadel $500,000 for one game.

The going rate for a non home and home game has inched upwards...

Wyoming receives $1.1 million for playing at Clemson.

Reaction Score
Why in the world would you do that?

“Here are the SOS rankings for each of the remaining unbeaten teams, by the way:

47. Notre Dame
54. Ohio State
56. Alabama
74. Clemson
89. NC State
115. UCF
125. Cincinnati
127. USF”

The AAC is very back-loaded this year schedule wise. None of the top four teams in the AAC East have faced each other yet at mid-season which is extremely hard to believe. Temple is 3-0 in the conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The AAC is very back-loaded this year schedule wise. None of the top four teams in the AAC East have faced each other yet at mid-season which is extremely hard to believe. Temple is 3-0 in the conference.

Mighty 3-0 Temple. Owners of home losses to Villanova and Buffalo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom