Question re; UCONN and ND.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question re; UCONN and ND....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What if the ACC comes to Herbst and says that Notre Dame has agreed to join the ACC and they want UConn to join as #16....but only under the condition that we play what is supposed to be our home games against Notre Dame in either the Meadowlands or Gillette. Do we then bend over and accept that offer? It would ensure that we have a seat at the BCS table, but would put our team at an unfair disadvantage to all other teams in the conference (having to give up a conference home game at our home stadium--which no one else has to do).

Do you recommend that we take that offer? Because if we were to turn it down, I am sure that Rutgers would absolutely agree to those terms in order to get in the ACC and then we really would be the lone team left out (excluding USF...who is screwed no matter how this turns out).

Hope it doesn't come to that...but what if that is the scenario? What should Herbst do?

You negotiate the best terms you can and say yes to that in a nanosecond.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ultimately, take it but try to get one home game for each neutral site game. Expires when the Rent adds 15000 seats.

Don't ever take the first offer.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
You negotiate the best terms you can and say yes to that in a nanosecond.
I agree, though in reality it would be pretty unlikely given some of th eother stadia in the ACC...Alumni at BC is 44,500,Duke is 33,500 and Wake is 32,000. One thing the ACC has been about is treating everyone equally.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
One thing the ACC has been about is treating everyone equally.

According to some of the reports from a month ago, part of the condition of Syracuse joining the ACC was playing a few of their 'home' basketball games at MSG against Duke and UNC. I don't know if those reports were ever confirmed or proven wrong...but if true, the precedent has already been set.

Reaction Score
According to some of the reports from a month ago, part of the condition of Syracuse joining the ACC was playing a few of their 'home' basketball games at MSG against Duke and UNC. I don't know if those reports were ever confirmed or proven wrong...but if true, the precedent has already been set.

Boeheim has said since then, that that was completely misunderstood, and there is zero chance that they would play any home games at msg. he said that they've always played coach v cancer, and jimmy v classic at msg, and that that would continue.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Sorry, actually had to do some work. The obvious choice for ND, in my mind is NAVY! Alot of history, perfect ACC location. It also explains why they are dragging their feet on joining the BE.

What do you think?
Navy plays all sports but football in the Patriot League... Sorry, but when you can't beat Lehigh and Colgate on a regular basis... you aren't joining the ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom