Question re: true frosh LBs Ashiru and Vann | The Boneyard

Question re: true frosh LBs Ashiru and Vann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has either of them actually been on the field this season? Honestly, I don't remember seeing them playing a single down... from the games I've seen anyways... Not even special teams.... I for one hope they didn't burn their redshirts... It seems kinda clear we shouldn't do that unless it was absolutely necessary (injury situation )...

Reaction Score
No, they have not played. Barring multiple injuries, I think you can rest assured their redshirts are being preserved.

Reaction Score
Wish we could say the same for Foxx. Did they really have to burn his RS for kr and now he appears to not be doing that.

Didn't he catch a pass out of the backfield?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Wish we could say the same for Foxx. Did they really have to burn his RS for kr and now he appears to not be doing that.

Didn't he catch a pass out of the backfield?

Running back in general is a mystery. For some reason PP would rather run McCombs 30 times a game than give Foxx a chance. I saw that Hyppolite is on the depth chart now, but I would be surprised if he got a carry.

Reaction Score
To date, Coach P has preserved all but 3 redshirts of the true frosh. In each case, he was too thin at a skill position and thought he needed the player (Nebrich, Foxx and Abrams), at least a little, and each of the three has been on the field, a little, in important situations.

This is not anything to be criticizing the staff over. In any of the three cases, if some more depth develops and they are not going to start next year, you acn redshirt them next year.

Reaction Score
Just like they did with Taylor Mack.

Oh, nevermind.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Nebrich's usage (or lack thereof) still make me think we could have tried to redshirt him. I'm not buying the "we were thin" argument, as you could easily said same of Vann week 1 or 2.

Reaction Score
Nebrich's usage (or lack thereof) still make me think we could have tried to redshirt him. I'm not buying the "we were thin" argument, as you could easily said same of Vann week 1 or 2.

In rare cases, the player simply has no interest in staying in college for 5 years. I don't know if that is the case with Nebrich, Foxx, or Abrams ... but it isn't outrageous to find out later that a player told the coaches that they wouldn't be around for a 5th year.

Reaction Score
Why are folks so concerned with the 2016 roster? Do we want to ensure we have the right lineup for our inaugra season in the inter-galactic conference?

Did the NCAA institute a rule that said you can only RS in your freshman year? If so, how is Mike Smith going to play next year?

Foxx did more than return kicks. Abrams still sees the field. The MN discussion is so tired and silly, it simply needs to die.

Reaction Score
In regards to Nebrich, going in to next year we will have three QBs with game experience under their belt. Contrast that to this year, when Box was our most experienced QB. The way the depth chart played out across multiple positions, we were bound to take a small step back.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There were two reasons they had to play Nebrich.
1. At the start of the season, there was no separation between the 3 QBs. McEntee had a slight lead, but that was it. QB is just too important of a position to potentially leave your best player on the bench.
2. When Box left, we were down to 3 QBs and 2 "true" passing QBs. We are an injury away from needing to play Nebrich. Would you want a true freshman to get his first snap in a Big East game?

Yes, he lost his redshirt this season, but he still has it if needed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom