Question on UConn games this week | The Boneyard

Question on UConn games this week

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
With all the issues surrounding UConn women's games [and other college games]:

As I type we are scheduled to play Villanova at 7:00 on Friday on SNY to be followed by a game against Creighton
on Sunday at 1:00 also on SNY. Have there been any announcements...good or bad...as to whether these games
are expected to go forth as scheduled?

I remain very optimistic about the quality of our play once we get all the walking wounded back.
I am becoming kinda pessimistic about whether The Dance will happen at all [if they have to do it in a bubble or without fans....do it!]

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched Villanova yesterday against St John. Their defense is weak, and they like to run and St. John drove on them at will. If UConn does not depend on outside shooting and can rebound well, Villanova will play into UConn's strength. UConn plays better when it can run. It has the height advantage. That is if the eight players who have been playing are available. UConn should beat Villanova.

Reaction Score
I watched Villanova yesterday against St John. Their defense is weak, and they like to run and St. John drove on them at will. If UConn does not depend on outside shooting and can rebound well, Villanova will play into UConn's strength. UConn plays better when it can run. It has the height advantage. That is if the eight players who have been playing are available. UConn should beat Villanova.
I have no idea if they are going to play this game...........if they do who's guarding Siegrist?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed. It was a tough, hard fought game that came right down to the last possession. Siegrist had a double double and added in 4 assists for 'Nova. Maddy played 36 minutes but was 1-8 on 3's... Correa also had a pretty good game even tho she was 8-24 from the field. She had 20 points and 10 boards.

It was nice seeing Danielle Patterson play - she's a starter for SJU now and seems to have found a good home. She was a POI for UCONN at one time, but went from ND to Indiana to SJU. Cosgrove also starts for SJU now as well, but she didn't play much and was outplayed by Peeples who got way more minutes and was much more effective.

I imagine UCONN will guard her with Ducharme or Williams. Siegrist is 6'1". Caroline is taller and longer, and if she can move her feet really well and keep in front of Siegrist, her length (IMHO) will bother Maddy. On the other hand, maybe asking Christyn to guard 'Nova's best player will allow her to play intense defense and help launch her offense, much like it did last season.

Either way I would be surprised if they keep Siegrist to under 20 points. Villanova only shot 4-25 as a team on 3's, so if they shoot anything like that against UCONN, it won't be a close game. We will see soon enough (HOPEFULLY!!)...

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
Unknown is whether we will have 8 players available by Friday. We have not been told if any of the 8 non-injured players are sick or in quarantine.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I am hoping that no news is good news as far as the weekend games are concerned.

"hoping" ...for sure not "assuming".

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
UCONN should inform the faithful fans. At least, let us know if the upcoming games are LIKELY to be played. I think they owe the fans that much.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There's a game(s) this week?
Sorry to get your hopes up! The 'Nova game hasn't been canceled yet. Fingers crossed! The Creighton game is still on as well, but ....

Reaction Score
I'm going to assume Friday is off, but hopefully we still have a shot at Sunday's game. Supposed to get a snowstorm or something on Friday so it would have been nice to stay in and watch some UConn women's basketball.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if they are going to play this game...........if they do who's guarding Siegrist?
Caroline--long arms, fairly quick, decent defender. Aubrey isn't available? How I miss Harry and his back down dribblers. Fun to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom