Question on UCONN baseball team... | The Boneyard

Question on UCONN baseball team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

Hi guys... new poster here. sorry if this has been covered. UCONN had a nice run last year. what are the expectations for them this year? should they be better, or take a step backwards? IIRC L'ville and USF were pretty good in the BE. what other BE teams should crack the top 25? thanks...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
welcome, there is a small group of us here on the baseball board that talk and follow the games when we can. u will see the threads below with some season chat in them. its been a rough year so far for the team. some of it was expected tho considering what we lost to the pros last year. this team is extremely young in many positions and some of our vets are at new positions giving us a really raw look right now. ward is our ace and has shown well mostly so far. the rest of our staff and most of the bullpen has been up and down. mazz our 2b is a great player. hes hit hr's in 4 straight games now. at this point this year i think a top 6 finish in the BE is realitic with a 3rd or 4th not being out of the question. teams to watch out for this year are lville/usf/sju imho. other BE teams right now have ok records but they don't play the schedules that uconn/lville/usf play.

i think we at season ends will be a top 50 team but the ncaat is a reach at this point. we would need to really play well in the BE and BET to rack up a good record. besides OK, were lacking big time wins really also. the BE is a 2-4 bid league this year it looks like. lastly this year i think BE teams at the top aren't great but just good. i wouldn't be suprised if we see 3 or 4 BE teams ranked inside the top 50 but none higher than 30.

i'm sure others can give u more but thats my 2 cents. enjoy the chat and join the game threads.

Reaction Score
Welcome aboard. With the slow start ( 7- 11) , we need to put a winning streak together to get back into a possible NCAA tourney position. In my mind we need to get to about 35 wins prior to the BE tourney to have a good shot at an at large bid if we do not win the BE championship. We have 27 BE games and 10 non conference games left. So that means we have to come as close as possible to sweeping our non conference schedule and win a little over 2 / 3 of the BE games. This will not be an easy task. A sweep at WVU this weekend would be a good start. But we need at least 2 of 3. Even if this year is a step down from last year ( we are young), the future of the baseball program seems bright with Penders at the helm.

U

UCONNfan1

thanks for the answers guys. i don't post that often as you can tell by the late to your answers. a young team with lots of future potential? sounds like a good future to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom