Question on the Big East next year... | The Boneyard

Question on the Big East next year...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So there are currently 10 teams. Adding UCONN makes 11. Will they be adding a 12th member for an even number or just keep it at 11? How will it work for the conference tourney? It's possible that this was covered when the change happened months ago, but I don't recall how it will affect the hoops programs...

I think they will schedule home/home games for each opponent which makes 5 more than the 15 we currently have, right? That would put a huge dent in our OOC schedule since the Big East for women's hoops is hardly any better than the American...

Reaction Score
So there are currently 10 teams. Adding UCONN makes 11. Will they be adding a 12th member for an even number or just keep it at 11? How will it work for the conference tourney? It's possible that this was covered when the change happened months ago, but I don't recall how it will affect the hoops programs...

I think they will schedule home/home games for each opponent which makes 5 more than the 15 we currently have, right? That would put a huge dent in our OOC schedule since the Big East for women's hoops is hardly any better than the American...
Next year the Big East will have 11 teams, 10 home and home match-ups for 20 conference games. Currently UConn has contracts for 32 games next year, pre-tournament. They will have to move three games to 2021-2022 to met the NCAA max allowed of 29 games. Conference tourney time will have multiple ways to resolve scheduling an 11 team conference tournament.

Reaction Score

It's hardly better than the American at the top-DePaul is a *slightly* better program than USF, but it's ever so slight. I think they get more respect on a National level because they play a prettier brand of basketball. However, I think the middle/bottom of the Big East is way better than the American. I think I read somewhere that if you took UCONN's RPI last year and added it to the Big East, the Big East would've been the 4th rated RPI conference......and a spot ahead of the Big 12.

In addition, I think having UCONN move back to the BEast will help teams recruiting more than having UCONN in the AAC did for their women's programs. This is a basketball first conference, which is a MAJOR player in men's CBB. Having UCONN and being at basketball rich schools already, will help. The AAC was built for football, as we know, and basketball was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay distant second.

With this being said, I think UCONN will be very much UCONN again and I don't think our SOS or RPI will be hurt by less OOC games because we could just be moving into near dominance again.

Reaction Score
With the AAC I always felt the Conference was looking for a league. Not really a conference but trying to be one while looking about for a better league to be in. One foot in one foot out. And ashamed that no one else wanted them.
I'm happy that Uconn is going to the BE No matter how close some think the AAC and New BE compare. Just the long time name of the BE adds a feeling of comfort.

Reaction Score
With the AAC I always felt the Conference was looking for a league. Not really a conference but trying to be one while looking about for a better league to be in. One foot in one foot out. And ashamed that no one else wanted them.
I'm happy that Uconn is going to the BE No matter how close some think the AAC and New BE compare. Just the long time name of the BE adds a feeling of comfort.
Currently, Massey ranks the Big East sixth and the AAC eighth. Presumably, if UConn were in the Big East, that conference would be fourth or fifth and the AAC ninth or tenth.

Reaction Score
Where'll women's BET be played next season? Hartford ? Chicago? Mohegan?? Creighton?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Where'll women's BET be played next season? Hartford ? Chicago? Mohegan?? Creighton?
I believe that Chicago has the WBET for the next 4 years. If I remember correctly they held it last year as part of a 5 year deal. This year is the second year. My question is, where will the AAC move their tournament, considering that it is at the Mohegan Sun this year. Are they going to break the newly inked contract or continue to play there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom