Question on postponement vs. forfeit | The Boneyard

Question on postponement vs. forfeit

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Most of the games I've seen were marked as "postponed" if they were unable to be played. But today I saw the Virginia vs. Louisville game listed as a "forfeit". First, is ESPN correct, and second, what makes a game a forfeit vs. just being postponed?

1644539848289.png

Reaction Score
Conferences have their own rules for conference games. I think the PAC initially had a fairly restrictive rule such that games would end up forfeits but then backed off.
Wasnt the Ucla -Oregon st game deemed a PAC win but nCAA no contest?

Reaction Score
I imagine there will probably be more information. I suspect that after encountering some travel issues that Virginia declined further options, not having any great desire to take a beating at the hands of Louisville. Virginia has not won a game in over two months. They were a 26 point underdog tonight, and more realistically It probably should’ve been more than 30.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hasn't it always been a cancelation or postponement for weather related travel issues? UVA's issues weren't due to the weather it's just that the aircraft had an issue and then had aircraft staffing (no pilot?) issues. I guess that they didn't have time to go to another airport and charter a different aircraft. Like Richmond, which is an hour away.

Reaction Score
Hasn't it always been a cancelation or postponement for weather related travel issues? UVA's issues weren't due to the weather it's just that the aircraft had an issue and then had aircraft staffing (no pilot?) issues. I guess that they didn't have time to go to another airport and charter a different aircraft. Like Richmond, which is an hour away.
Every conference has their own rule. That and I'm guessing UVA was like...OK.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This might be a moral victory for UVA, They didn't go to Louisville and get stomped. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom