Question on Natalie Butler and the 2 scrimmages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Does the NCAA allow kids who are in their redshirt years to play in exhibition
games?

If so: I wonder if Geno might put her in for a few minutes on November 2 and 9?
We have consistently read that she is working really really hard on her conditioning and game.
I wonder if Geno might use those minutes as a reward for her efforts...a bit of an appetizer before the
main course which is still a year away.

Anyone know the NCAA regs on that?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Does the NCAA allow kids who are in their redshirt years to play in exhibition
games?

If so: I wonder if Geno might put her in for a few minutes on November 2 and 9?
We have consistently read that she is working really really hard on her conditioning and game.
I wonder if Geno might use those minutes as a reward for her efforts...a bit of an appetizer before the
main course which is still a year away.

Anyone know the NCAA regs on that?
I think she is not allowed to play preseason games - certainly the first night announcers suggested that - but I do not know the rule.

JS

Reaction Score
I think she is not allowed to play preseason games - certainly the first night announcers suggested that - but I do not know the rule.
Correct. Here's the rule and definition.

14.5.5.1 General Rule. A transfer student from a four-year institution shall not be eligible for intercollegiate competition at a member institution until the student has fulfilled a residence requirement of one full academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) at the certifying institution.

14.02.7 Intercollegiate Competition. Intercollegiate competition occurs when a student-athlete in either a two-year or a four-year collegiate institution: (Revised: 1/10/95)

(a) Represents the institution in any contest against outside competition, regardless of how the competition is classified (e.g., scrimmage, exhibition or joint practice session with another institution’s team) or whether the student is enrolled in a minimum full-time program of studies; (Revised: 1/10/91)​

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Correct. Here's the rule and definition.

14.5.5.1 General Rule. A transfer student from a four-year institution shall not be eligible for intercollegiate competition at a member institution until the student has fulfilled a residence requirement of one full academic year (two full semesters or three full quarters) at the certifying institution.

14.02.7 Intercollegiate Competition. Intercollegiate competition occurs when a student-athlete in either a two-year or a four-year collegiate institution: (Revised: 1/10/95)

(a) Represents the institution in any contest against outside competition, regardless of how the competition is classified (e.g., scrimmage, exhibition or joint practice session with another institution’s team) or whether the student is enrolled in a minimum full-time program of studies; (Revised: 1/10/91)​
Thank you, Solicitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger