Question on Friday's game... | The Boneyard

Question on Friday's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Perhaps this was covered and I missed it but...

I noticed the game (per our UCONNHuskies.com home page) only lists ESPN 3 as covering the game. Does that mean it's NOT on TV at all? I have all kinds of sports channels and will surf to see if i can find it but I was wondering if it's only an internet feed, or if it's possible to find it on the tube. Thanks!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Does the TV provider dictate who has access to ESPN3? I don't think it does; it's based on your ISP. I have DTV for television and Comcast for Internet. That enables me to use ESPN3 and get the quality programming, especially comprehensive sports programming, via DTV.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No, it doesn't I called and complained.

Well, if I was as big and tough and carnivorous as you I would have done far more than that for Pete's sake!!! Or for mine. snow...I could have called and complained! Oops, was that your point Bear? Well, if it was, bugger off! I have enough useless, ineffectual, oh so frustrating (yeah, it ain't a real word, but so many ain't these days) exercises in my day.... I won't see it, but this was fun.

Reaction Score
Check your internet provider they may carry espn 3 can transfer picture from computer to tv with cable from your local electronic store:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
ESPN3 is getting the feed from a real TV broadcast, no? I would think somewhere in NorCal there is an actual broadcast....?
I live in Sacramento and there is no local broadcast of the game

Reaction Score
I pay DirecTV a fortune every month and their deal with ESPN would appear to not include us in the loving embrace of ESPN3 to which I can only say: %$#@&%$!!%%4##4$#@%$ and your mother!

The thing that really irks me is that DirecTV refuses to pay ESPN for the service citing the cost as the rason why, but if they were to transfer the cost to the customers (like they do for everything else) it would literally cost us pennies more per month.

Reaction Score
If you happen to have an AppleTV box hooked up to your TV you can watch ESPN3 right on the TV.

James Failla Jr

Stink Bug
Reaction Score
I have ATT U verse when I try to log in on computer , I always get message User not authorized error.

Reaction Score
If you happen to have an AppleTV box hooked up to your TV you can watch ESPN3 right on the TV.

Unless your internet provider doesn't grant you access to ESPN3, like the new Frontier... Funny, Frontier claims to be a "local company" yet they don't seem to understand their market and the desire to see UConn. I contacted them about this and was told there were no plans to offer ESPN3. So much for the claim that we wouldn't see any of our services changed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have a smart TV and can get youtube and stuff like that. I wonder if i can get to ESPN3 that way...

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Unless your internet provider doesn't grant you access to ESPN3, like the new Frontier... Funny, Frontier claims to be a "local company" yet they don't seem to understand their market and the desire to see UConn. I contacted them about this and was told there were no plans to offer ESPN3. So much for the claim that we wouldn't see any of our services changed.

And in my many and varied communications with Frontier, they told me it wouldn't be available for several WEEKS. I guess if you talk to 3 different people at that company you get 3 different answers :confused:

Reaction Score
you can watch this game on ESPN3 by going to WATCHESPN. Then, click on "WATCH NOW" button. From there, open the link for your TV provider and enter your userid and password.

Reaction Score
At some point this needs to be addressed by UCONN athletics. If the AD is responsible for the product, he should be responsible for the fiasco when his customers lose access. Next stop would be ESPN. As I understand, there was a choice of broadcast made for SNY or ESPN. The third option would be both. Especially if it will be on an internet only channel. Put the little espn logo in the bottom of the screen and everyone can get credit.

Reaction Score
you can watch this game on ESPN3 by going to WATCHESPN. Then, click on "WATCH NOW" button. From there, open the link for your TV provider and enter your userid and password.
I have directv and don't get espn3 but when you log in with your facebook you will be able to watch espn3. It is at the top of the page where it says log in

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The thing that really irks me is that DirecTV refuses to pay ESPN for the service citing the cost as the rason why, but if they were to transfer the cost to the customers (like they do for everything else) it would literally cost us pennies more per month.
I'm with you. Did you note the recent brief lack of CBS, and the lack (out here) of Pac12 network? And others. It is true that it would be pennies, but they cite an unwillingness to charge us pennies to force the other folks to come down on price. Then, if the other folks don't, they don't budge.

Lost a ton of accounts here in Tucson last year as folks wanted to see Arizona Men, but of course it was just a drop in the national bucket.

Reaction Score
I have directv and don't get espn3 but when you log in with your facebook you will be able to watch espn3. It is at the top of the page where it says log in

I think that is because your internet provider offers ESPN3. The ONLY way to watch ESPN3 is if either your cable or internet provider offers the ESPN3 service.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I think that is because your internet provider offers ESPN3. The ONLY way to watch ESPN3 is if either your cable or internet provider offers the ESPN3 service.

It sure as hell didn't work for me. Just tried it. No go. Still saying "Not authorized".

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I think you replied to the wrong post.

No I didn't, I was confirming what you said.

Unless you have a valid Internet / Cable TV Provider Login you're not getting it.

Only exception to this is if you are at a University or have a University VPN Login. They get ESPN3 for free last I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom