question from someone who has never played | The Boneyard

question from someone who has never played

Reaction Score
For a very long time it has irritated me that whenever UConn is back to receive a kickoff or punt, as soon as a player catches the ball looks up he is surrounded by a bunch of defenders.

Is there some sort of rule that special teams can not knock the punt/kick team players on their butts before a kickoff or punt is received.

It seems to me that opposing ST players pass through UConn's punt /kick return team like mustard passes through holes in swiss cheese.

Where has my observations and/or understanding as to when blocking for returners begin or not begin ....gone wrong?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For a very long time it has irritated me that whenever UConn is back to receive a kickoff or punt, as soon as a player catches the ball looks up he is surrounded by a bunch of defenders.

Is there some sort of rule that special teams can not knock the punt/kick team players on their butts before a kickoff or punt is received.

It seems to me that opposing ST players pass through UConn's punt /kick return team like mustard passes through holes in swiss cheese.

Where has my observations and/or understanding as to when blocking for returners begin or not begin ....gone wrong?

No you are just bearing witness to a thin roster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom