Question for you all: | The Boneyard

Question for you all:

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

So every summer, teams travel to different countries for games. I know Georgetown and Duke have traveled to china for summer scrimmages, and other schools as well. I've heard rumors that teams are only allowed to do this every 4 years, but I'm not sure how valid that is.

My question, why doesn't UConn do anything like that?

It seems like that woud be fun for both the players and fans. It would certainly help get us through the summer months of life without basketball.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
We definitely have, like the tour the 1998-99 team took without an injured Rip. Not sure of the last time it was done though.

Reaction Score
I thought about that before as well. It has to have a positive impact since by the time the official practice in October, the team would already have many hours of practice and games under their belt already. Didnt the womens team make a trip within the last couple years?

Reaction Score
If we were stuck in this shitbox conference we'd have money to go somewhere

Reaction Score
Last time I remember them doing one of these was to England in summer of 2002 or 2003. I remember Ben Gordon being on the team and talking about going back to England (I think he was born in England). Don't remember UConn doing one of these trips since then.

Reaction Score
Last time I remember them doing one of these was to England in summer of 2002 or 2003. I remember Ben Gordon being on the team and talking about going back to England (I think he was born in England). Don't remember UConn doing one of these trips since then.
Correct. Gordon was born in England and now that you mention it, I think they did have a trip out there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I thought about that before as well. It has to have a positive impact since by the time the official practice in October, the team would already have many hours of practice and games under their belt already. Didnt the womens team make a trip within the last couple years?

The women went to Italy a few years ago. The NCAA says a team can only have (I think) one trip every 4 years, or something like that. Geno likes to save his trips until he has a small incoming freshman class so that the returning team can become closer & build chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom