Question for the BYU fans | The Boneyard

Question for the BYU fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are you guys rivals with Colorado? Seems like there are a lot of posters from CO taking a pro-BYU or pro-UConn stand and talking trash at one another, drawing UConn fans into their nonsense. One BYU fan, Blue Pete, emailed me that his handle had been co-opted and the impostor has been such a jerk he got himself banned. Turns out the impostor is a Colorado fan. (My apologies to the real Blue Pete.) A few other trolls also show a Colorado IP.

The real BYU fans seem to be OK but the trolls out of Colorado, well, all I can say is that simple things amuse simple minds.

Reaction Score
Are you guys rivals with Colorado? Seems like there are a lot of posters from CO taking a pro-BYU or pro-UConn stand and talking trash at one another, drawing UConn fans into their nonsense. One BYU fan, Blue Pete, emailed me that his handle had been co-opted and the impostor has been such a jerk he got himself banned. Turns out the impostor is a Colorado fan. (My apologies to the real Blue Pete.) A few other trolls also show a Colorado IP.

The real BYU fans seem to be OK but the trolls out of Colorado, well, all I can say is that simple things amuse simple minds.

Thanks for the insight HN. It really makes the Boneyard more interesting.

Reaction Score

BYU's only rival is Utah. Many other schools like to think that they're our rival (Utah State for example), but they're not. BYU is universally hated though amongst their former conference mates which include Colorado State and Air Force. But they wouldn't pretend to be BYU fans. Only Utes and Aggies do that.

Reaction Score
Nan - thank you for cleaning this up. Being a mod is a thankless job. But, thank you.

I knew there was no way that Blue Pete was a real BYU fan.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BYU's only rival is Utah. Many other schools like to think that they're our rival (Utah State for example), but they're not. BYU is universally hated though amongst their former conference mates which include Colorado State and Air Force. But they wouldn't pretend to be BYU fans. Only Utes and Aggies do that.
Maybe there's a high school in Colorado that doesn't like your uniforms, or something. Considering the maturity of the posts, that sounds about right.

Reaction Score
No. Colorado isn't a BYU rival. Colorado State is an old MWC/WAC foe, but, they've never have been our primary rival, either. That series has never been as heated as the BYU/Utah rivalry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom