Question for all? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question for all?

Reaction Score
I see a lot of speculation with all the transfers out. Some say it is Ollie, draining the swamp, others point to bigger issues?

So for those that are in the camp that Ollie is draining the swamp, and getting rid of those not fully engaged in the program, or not UConn-caliber talent, I ask this:

Why would you dump a 4 star recruit (Jackson)
Why would you dump a 4 star recruit (Durham)
Why would you dump a 4 star recruit (Enoch)
Why would you dump a player that commited, that is your highest rated recruit (Langford)

And chose these players over them:

Carlton 3 star rank #140
Cobb 3 star unranked
Polley 3 star ranked #100

(Rankings from Rivals top 150)

For those in the other camp, the swamp is draining Ollie.

What is your solution?

My solution is to stop reading Russ's(I played some sport overseas so I am an authority on everything) posts

Reaction Score
It's hard to accept but the harsh reality is most likely that Ollie didn't tell any of these kids to leave, it was on their own accord. I want to believe Oz's nonsense tweets but it's just not realistic.
Oz is a tool.

Reaction Score
I haven't read enough of this guys other posts to know if he's a troll, but I thought this post was fair. Obviously there is some gray area between the two extremes, but the genera inquiry is valid and I think the responses overall have been pretty accurate.

Jackson clearly left because he wanted to be featured more. Nothing unusual about that. MAL kind of fit the same script. Enoch is a little trickier because it is unclear whether he's going to move down a level or if he just lost confidence in the coaches ability to develop him. I guess we'll find out more when he decides where he wants to go. If he ends up in the America East, we'll know it was probably more a matter of Ollie being honest with him about where he stands.

Durham, to me, is the major unknown, and I think that, given Oz's tweets, it's fair to speculate. Nothing about that makes sense on the surface, as the kid is clearly both talented enough to play here and unproven enough where he's probably not going to find a better situation. That's the one you can point to and say, it's a really bad look for the program to have him transferring out given how badly we needed him. I said weeks ago that we should press the panic button if Durham transfers and I haven't really changed my mind. That was a big blow and I don't think we're going to find an answer short-term.

Every transfer, individually, can be explained away for one reason or another. When it's three of them (+ the MAL thing) it begs the question of how stable the program is. We'll learn a lot in the next few weeks with how we fill out the roster.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if players are malcontent, complaining about playing time, complaining about how they're being used, then they're a cancer in the locker room

you don't want players and their dads telling you how the run the program, you want kids who buy into the system

I'd take a 3 star kid who works over a 4 star Prima Donna all day every day

Reaction Score
These are young kids. Maybe it's as simple as KO and his program is not enjoyable for them. That face that we've seen at times during games may be hard to take, and that kind of thing gets around quick... if true. Only bring it up because we have guys transferring who we're going to get PT.

Reaction Score
Wow, this tnread is a lot like those for football (i.e., its not about the stars, whats the difference between a 3 and 4 star, etc.). It would be nice to get a few Donyells, a few El Amins, a few Charley Vs. Remember those days?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom