Question: Captains 2011-2012 | The Boneyard

Question: Captains 2011-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good question. I have not seen it addressed explicitly. At least Tiffany and Caroline (as carryovers from last year). Maybe Kelly too.

Reaction Score
I hope there is not one as of this time. This ties in with another thread about who is the vocal leader on this team. Should not(in most cases) the captain be one of the prominent vocal leaders?

Reaction Score
Good question. I have not seen it addressed explicitly. At least Tiffany and Caroline (as carryovers from last year). Maybe Kelly too.
I searched everywhere and could not find the answer! I figured Carolyn and Tiffany! I would add Kelly if there wasa third. buck is a 4th year JR! So CD,Tiffany,and Buck are the SRs***

Reaction Score
you guys have been to games. who came out for the coin flip? :)

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
you guys have been to games. who came out for the coin flip? :)

Do you think Geno would elect to kick or receive? On one hand, he likes to come out and start strong against an opponent, putting a game away as quickly as possible. On the other hand, he believes in defense. His faith in defense may have him choose to kick, believing he will get the ball right back -- and getting an additional offensive set in the second half in case he needs it to implement changes he makes at the half. I say he elects to receive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do you think Geno would elect to kick or receive? On one hand, he likes to come out and start strong against an opponent, putting a game away as quickly as possible. On the other hand, he believes in defense. His faith in defense may have him choose to kick, believing he will get the ball right back -- and getting an additional offensive set in the second half in case he needs it to implement changes he makes at the half. I say he elects to receive.
I think it depends on the strength and direction of the wind in Gampel. :)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tiff and Caroline definitely are. Don't think anyone else is.

Reaction Score
During one of the games, didn't they say if the team had someone to speak for them it would be Stef. Doesn't make her a hardnosed Captain type but it could be one factor in the future

Reaction Score
This picture was taken prior to the Baylor game:

BU+UCONN+JY+010.jpg

Reaction Score
I just sent this question to Ask Harriet so hopefully it will be asked on a future Geno show.
I got an email from Harriet today. She indicated she was wondering who the captains were too; they would be taping a new Geno show Wednesday morning and they would try to ask this question time permitting.:)

Reaction Score
Good catch DaddyChoc! The fact that there was a person standing next to Ms Griner totally escaped my notice. Based on the picture it would be difficult to hazard a guess as to who that might be other than to say that she is definitely shorter than Ms Griner. This quote from the December 4, 2011 edition of the Minneapolis Star Tribune really does not answer the question:
Mulkey noted that Griner, a co-captain last year, flourished in that role. She is the sole captain this season.
That co-captain was Melissa Jones, a senior. My guess, then, would have to be a senior and the senior who comes to mind immediately is Terran Condrey.

As far as UConn's captaincy, further research indicates that when UConn has three co-captains, only two of them will meet with the officials at half court prior to the game. This is consistent with what I observed at last year's Georgia
Tech game when Maya and Caroline represented UConn. So, Caroline could very well be the third cog this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I got an email from Harriet today. She indicated she was wondering who the captains were too; they would be taping a new Geno show Wednesday morning and they would try to ask this question time permitting.:)

Wonder how long it takes to ask the question????:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul