Question about UConn practices | The Boneyard

Question about UConn practices

Reaction Score
All,

1. Before the season starts, how many days a week do our ladies practice, once official practices start, as they have? Is it five?

This is besides strength training, etc. I mean, practice where they scrimmage, Geno has a whistle, insults the players :rolleyes: (like the time he asked the universe at large and CD in particular who in the world had recruited Stewie, and that we should "send her back.":rolleyes::rolleyes:)

(Of course, the number of practices decreases during the season with games and travel. And I know that Geno reduces practice towards the end of the season to keep the team fresh.)

2. How long do practices last on average?

I am sure there is an NCAA limit on both.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
I hope there wasn't an insinuation re: Geno's remark....Why is it important to ask some simple questions? Is there anything impt. enough than to question things like length of practices? Comon Man, I turn on this site to read interesting things about Geno and his team. When Geno talks, people listen. Anybody out there more prepared to do a better job than he and his assistants? If you were joking, I apologize in advance, if not, you get my gist.

Reaction Score
To da60,

Of course I was joking. First off, that is why I put the smiley faces, to ensure any reader of my post knew I was joking.

Second, I post moderately frequently. Anyone reading my numerous posts over the years has to know that I don't engage in sarcasm or nasty remarks. Rather, I explicitly work to keep my posts benevolent. I do try to be funny. Maybe sometimes I actually am.

I do criticize when I think it is warranted: e.g., when Stewie was a junior, I believe, when she won the MOP, Muffet did not applaud. I thought then that that was classless, and I still do. BTW, she was a great coach. (I started a thread sometime back to discuss why in the last number of years, ND almost always beat us when the score was very close with say two minutes to go in the game. A number of posters made valuable points, and I learned.)

Reaction Score
To da60,

Of course I was joking. First off, that is why I put the smiley faces, to ensure any reader of my post knew I was joking.

Second, I post moderately frequently. Anyone reading my numerous posts over the years has to know that I don't engage in sarcasm or nasty remarks. Rather, I explicitly work to keep my posts benevolent. I do try to be funny. Maybe sometimes I actually am.

I do criticize when I think it is warranted: e.g., when Stewie was a junior, I believe, when she won the MOP, Muffet did not applaud. I thought then that that was classless, and I still do. BTW, she was a great coach. (I started a thread sometime back to discuss why in the last number of years, ND almost always beat us when the score was very close with say two minutes to go in the game. A number of posters made valuable points, and I learned.)

Reaction Score
Thanks for note..sometimes it is difficult to read thru what appears to be sarcasm. Maybe I overreact ed. I enjoy the site & of course the team. Not everyone knows the Morse Code. If I am negative again, let me know. Go Husky's! DA60

To da60,

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was only 2 questions, I was expecting 80 more for some reason.

Reaction Score
Thanks for note..sometimes it is difficult to read thru what appears to be sarcasm. Maybe I overreact ed. I enjoy the site & of course the team. Not everyone knows the Morse Code. If I am negative again, let me know. Go Husky's! DA60
Kudos to Uconn89 and DA60! This is why there are so many longtime followers of this site. Discussion is almost always civil and the almost qualifier takes into account very minor spats when compared to the venom found in so many chat sites. A combination of BY UConn WBB having a culture of good behavior and moderators who ride herd makes following and contributing to the conversation a pleasure. We are all adults and act that way. I can only wish that the incessant chatter that engulfs our plugged in lives were a fraction as civil.

Reaction Score
You are welcome. I like respectfully to poke gently at Geno's special brand of sarcasm. So clearly, that is a way he deals with the depth of the caring he has for his athletes. He has made comments such as "you couldn't guard a chair" (I think to BriaH) and, "You got as many rebounds as a corpse," (I think to Lou.)

Reaction Score
You are welcome. I like respectfully to poke gently at Geno's special brand of sarcasm. So clearly, that is a way he deals with the depth of the caring he has for his athletes. He has made comments such as "you couldn't guard a chair" (I think to BriaH) and, "You got as many rebounds as a corpse," (I think to Lou.)
We have similar senses

Reaction Score
We have similar senses
I know Geno from way way back...great sarcasm, re: 'Paige Kardasian'.

Reaction Score
Yes Geno has always been the smart a** and we all love it. Last year it was Anna being 0 for America from the three point line. One year, a player picked up a 4th foul, it may have been Lou, and at a TO the player gave Geno a look that meant to convey hey coach I have four fouls, take me out. Geno says why are you looking at me, I didn't foul anyone and sent her back in.

Reaction Score
Last year I was upgraded to sit right behind Geno. I couldn't reach out and poke Geno, but I could poke the state cop sitting behind Geno. Couldn't see much of the court, but Geno was high entertainment. At one point after a bone-head play he turned to CD and said "did you call that bone-headed play"? I laughed for about 5 minutes. Everyone gets sarcasm, CD, fans, everyone.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Yes Geno has always been the smart a** and we all love it. Last year it was Anna being 0 for America from the three point line. One year, a player picked up a 4th foul, it may have been Lou, and at a TO the player gave Geno a look that meant to convey hey coach I have four fouls, take me out. Geno says why are you looking at me, I didn't foul anyone and sent her back in.
It was Lou, I believe it was against Maryland.

Reaction Score
It was Lou, I believe it was against Maryland.
I agree... and it wasn't "a look"... but if I recall correctly, she was captured on video saying... "I have 4 fouls".. and Geno responding with something like it wasn't his fault! But clearly he wasn't taking her out of that game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The rebounds comment was about Tina Charles

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom