Question about road wins? | The Boneyard

Question about road wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw a graphic on the FS1 station talking up the upcoming UConn - KState game. They talked about UConn's 83 current win streak, but only a 27 game road streak. Could that be right? UConn has played 56 out of their last 83 games at home? Somehow that doesn't seem right.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I saw a graphic on the FS1 station talking up the upcoming UConn - KState game. They talked about UConn's 83 current win streak, but only a 27 game road streak. Could that be right? UConn has played 56 out of their last 83 games at home? Somehow that doesn't seem right.
Neutral sites are not 'road wins' - so drop two sets of 6 NCAA games, and two sets of AAC tourney games out of the total, and two V games as well.

Reaction Score
How many were neutral court, AAC tournaments games or NCAA tourney games

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun games are also considered as neutral site games, so game vs TX was not a home game.

Reaction Score
Mohegan Sun games are also considered as neutral site games, so game vs TX was not a home game.
What do they consider the games in Bridgeport? Neutral site also I assume?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Actually, a correction - tournament games *NCAA or Conference that were played at Gampel or Hartford I believe are classed home games for 'home' winning streaks, but Mohegan Sun and Bridgeport are not 'home courts' for the Uconn unless they are part of the Uconn home regular season schedule. So when we played to games at Harbor Yard for regular season games those were classed as home and not neutral. The Mohegan Sun games have all been neutral site games - as they were sponsored by Jimmy V I believe.

So ... 2014-15 road games:
UC -Davis win followed by Stanford Loss and then home to Creighton and three neutral site games in the holiday tournament in FL.
Road - ND - first in new streak
Home Depaul (WB), Neutral UCLA (MS), SMU (XL) Duke (XL)
Road 2 - ECU
Neutral - St Johns (MSG)
Home Tulsa (XL)
Road 3 - SMU
Home - Temple (GP), USF (GP)
Road 4, 5 - UCF, Cinci
Home - ECU (XL)
Road 6 - Temple
Home - Cinci (XL)
Road 7 - Memphis
Home - SC (GP), Tulane (GP), Houston (XL)
Road 8, 9 - Tulsa, Tulane
Home - Memphis (GP)
Road 10 - USF
Neutral - AAC (MS) - Cinci, ECU, USF
Home - NCAA (GP) - SFBKW, Rutgers,
Neutral NCAA (Albany) Texas, Dayton (Tampa) MD, ND
Overall - 15 Home, 12 Road (but streak at 10 after #2 Loss), Neutral 12

2015-16
Overall 15 Home, 14 Away, 9 Neutral (FSU at MS, MD at MSG, 3 AAC (MS), 2 NCAA (WB), 2 NCAA (Indi)
2016-17
To Date - 4 Home, 4 Away, 1 Neutral (TX at MS)

10 + 14 + 4 = 28

If we win at Nebraska, at MD would represent the record tying road win #30.

Reaction Score
So ... 2014-15 road games:
UC -Davis win followed by Stanford Loss and then home to Creighton and three neutral site games in the holiday tournament in FL.
Road - ND - first in new streak
Overall - 15 Home, 12 Road (but streak at 10 after #2 Loss), Neutral 12

2015-16
Overall 15 Home, 14 Away, 9 Neutral (FSU at MS, MD at MSG, 3 AAC (MS), 2 NCAA (WB), 2 NCAA (Indi)
2016-17
To Date - 4 Home, 4 Away, 1 Neutral (TX at MS)

10 + 14 + 4 = 28

If we win at Nebraska, at MD would represent the record tying road win #30.

Thanks, Hard to believe that many neutral wins.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks, Hard to believe that many neutral wins.
The conference tourney and the NCAA will always represent 7 neutral site games if we get to the championship game, and Uconn is a 'first choice' for both the JimV and Maggie Dixon, and any holiday tournament in season will be 2-4 games so it adds up pretty quickly. We have not scheduled holiday tournaments in a few years which is the longest stretch I remember without one.

I have a question which I do not know the answer for - how does the NCAA qualify a tournament game for a team playing on someone else home floor? The site is classified as a 'home' site for the recording of home stress for the home team, but is it classified as neutral or road for the other team? Anyone know?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Or…would it?? Mr. Fuller thinks the NCAA record book is incorrect, which wouldn't be the first time:

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: One UConn winning streak flying under the radar
Yeah - just saw that. The NCAA record book depends a lot on schools sending in information so it isn't always 'their fault'. Last year they had a big thing about some program passing the 1000 wins mark to join TN as the second WCBB to reach such heights - it had me curious so I checked the Uconn record and it urned out we had passed 1000 wins a few years before and I contacted the NCAA about it - they actually sent a nice response and said they would follow up with Uconn to get the records straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom