Question about recruiting class of `15 | The Boneyard

Question about recruiting class of `15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As some of you know im not big on following recruiting. I follow guys once they are on campus and they take the court for us. I was talking to a couple buddies of mine that are huge on recruiting and they believe we will pull off getting either briscoe or stone for sure and maybe both. If we get both does that put our class #1 for `15? Would it be considered our best class coming in? Is it a UK level recruiting class?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Odds are we won't get both. Definitely more likely that we get Stone than Briscoe at this point. If we land Stone and one of our 3 wing prospects, we would definitely have a top 10 class. The thing is, at this point the Kentucky's, Kansas's, Duke's, and UNC's of the world have very few commitments since they are chasing mostly spring signers, so its hard to tell where we will fall in the class rankings.

Reaction Score
class rankings:JokE

a class is only really ranked after several seasons of perf or lack thereof
where was UCONN recruit class of 2014 ranked before season-no where
after season-#1

ever step into "dee zone" on court, any playas here?

i'll give you 1 example from my {shooting guard} daze in big green machine (US Army) playing 94 footsy at various DoD installations

my clubz heavy underdog to a post big dog
earlier that day i was shooting around with some kids whose daddies commanded corps level units
i was feeling it to a max (my weapons include the 20+ wes b rainmaker & sudden sam jones banker on fly)
game begins and my viet combat decorated pt guard finds me at top of key & boom
next possession i note that defense seems to be quite tardy
d is really not but the perception makes d almost nonexistent to a degree
ball swings to corner to my 6-5 jumping jack viet combat hero from danville virginia and he finds me deep on right side and boom
next possession we're on break and i get it on right wing & bank shot is away before d even finds me; boom &1
opponent is now reeling and now d seems like its not there at all-as i approach offensive zone which opponent now perceives as danger zone i am looking right thru defensive players as if they have hole in chest
i am getting big eyes & launch 30 footer from rafters and drill it (TO opponent)
at this pt in huddle banter is about what titt!y bar we will visit after game and be sure to check drinks we buy working gals to be sure its not placebo as usual
nows my teammakes start to believe
several possessions later i launch 30 footer but it comes up short airball right to my 6-5 jumping jack & he jams it with authoritay
the rest of game i only stick 2 more bombs out of 5 attempts
the energy created by quick hitting start was a thing of booteee to see my teammates take an initial dire situation of this post big dog and believe they could win and they did close the deal that evening
needless to say there was serious celebrating post game

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
TSam and Brimah weren't highly rated recruits when they committed to UConn. The last time I looked they were cutting down the nets and UConn would not have gotten there without them.
Not every wants to live for AAU. I would no qualms if these two guys were starters in 2015/16.

Reaction Score
cheks dee biggest boy parade nov 2 in hrtfd

seize all dee real skywalkers, ballerz, rainmakers, fingerz rollerz, sharp shooterz from 3 pts lands, bd sweepers & minz sweeperz & spearheads & beach hds

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
As some of you know im not big on following recruiting. I follow guys once they are on campus and they take the court for us. I was talking to a couple buddies of mine that are huge on recruiting and they believe we will pull off getting either briscoe or stone for sure and maybe both. If we get both does that put our class #1 for `15? Would it be considered our best class coming in? Is it a UK level recruiting class?
If we got Stone & Briscoe, we'd be the No. 1 or 2 class in the nation currently, right there with Arizona. There is a chance UK, KU or Duke could end up with an even better class, however, since a bunch of the top 20 haven't yet committed. And if Arizona pulls Rabb on top of what they've got now, they'll take the No. 1 spot no matter what.

By recent standards it would be a UK-esque class, though probably a step down in terms of hype because only one guy (Stone) is a consensus top 10 player.

By our own standards, it would be right there with the 2011 class that had Drummond (No. 2), DeAndre (No. 15ish) and Boat (top 60ish).

Bottom line, though, is that class rankings are much more about NBA potential than they are about readiness to win games in college. In that sense, they're complete bullspit, which is why guys like Samuel & Brimah end up outside the top 100. It's also how a team like Louisville, which rarely recruits top 10 players, can be a consistent top 10 team.

I pay attention to recruiting because it's fun for me, especially with all the talent coming out of New England. For anyone who gets frustrated easily, it's probably better to just turn away and watch your old tapes of Ray (who was a top 40 recruit) dropping bombs on the old Big East, or Emeka (who was top 75ish) pounding the out of ACC teams in the Final 4.

Reaction Score
recrootin shootin scootin rebootin pipeflootin

only thing that matters: at top of pile its UCONN> Duke> Kentucky
huskies with 4 titles in modern era
blue devs with 4 titles in modern era
kentucky with 4 titles in modern era (other 4 bogus due to oldin daze eazee rds where many big boyz who did not win respective conf titles could not participate in nc2a tourney))
bruins titles bogus except 1995 (check history)
kansas only 2 modern era titles
arizona only 1 title
north carolina with 3 modern era titles

now who has been winning head to head in recent nc2a final IV's amongst big 3

correct:UCONN

Reaction Score
plus:dont forget talking head pundit punk dickiewickie factoring

they just hype the bankroll and keep rollin with majority of uninformed casual fan masses

also dont forget most all so called big name recroots want eazee inroad to league and dont care about titles, have no school pride , want immediate gratification and dont wish to sweat too much so galz dont smell that smell as that famous rock grp tweeted

Reaction Score
TSam and Brimah weren't highly rated recruits when they committed to UConn. The last time I looked they were cutting down the nets and UConn would not have gotten there without them.
Not every wants to live for AAU. I would no qualms if these two guys were starters in 2015/16.

I'm with you on this. I've never understood the gospel according to class ranking. For some, it seems a end in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom