Question about our seniors | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Question about our seniors

Reaction Score
I just wanted to address that question and answer it with "not better as a pro".

Crystal's senior season, she averaged 15 PPG, 1.8 steals/game, 4 assists/game, 3.7 RPG, and shot 41% from 3.

Crystal's rookie season she averaged 16 PPG, .9 steaks.game, 3.6 APG and 2.0 RPG, and shot 33% from 3.

Aside from her PPG, every other statistic was worse than her senior year. Flash forward to her 2nd year in the W, and she lost her starting spot to Clarendon and her stats were all about half of what they were her first year. Her career stats across the board are worse in the WNBA than they were in college.

Don't get me wrong - she was a tremendous rookie and deserved ROY, but she has been WORSE in the pros (stats wise) than in college, not "how much better as a pro"...
Eric, can't argue with the numbers, but please consider it's relative. Opponents in the WNBA might be just a little bit better than opponents in WCBB. Comparing a person's stats from 1 level to other level is a little like comparing a HS senior's stats to her D1 stats. Night and day...

Reaction Score
Eric, can't argue with the numbers, but please consider it's relative. Opponents in the WNBA might be just a little bit better than opponents in WCBB. Comparing a person's stats from 1 level to other level is a little like comparing a HS senior's stats to her D1 stats. Night and day...
Oops, I should have read the follow on posts prior to responding to Eric. Other have said what I was trying to say, only better :)

Reaction Score
The three players are complimentary players.

CWill needs shooters around her so she can more easily get in the lane. Without Paige and Azzi (and Nika not shooting the 37.3% like she did last year once she got her feet wet) the paint gets congested with big players. Missing these three players or that past performance is brutally tough for CWill’s game.

Evina and Liv would rather pass than shoot. But now the 1 senior in CWill has been negated because she is a guard that needs to slash. If you aren’t hitting outside shots then CWiill’s game gets seriously hindered.. SO who are they going to pass to that loves to score?

Carolyn Ducharme!!!! She has to feel like a kid in a candy store. This player is fearless. Fearless AND she has seniors that want to feed her the ball and have her do what she mostly wants to do; which is shoot!!!

The three seniors got to the FF last year. They’re complimentary players in search of some other teammates than can shoot well and score from the outside. Their strengths are not outside scoring.

Close games always come down to fundamentals. This team right now lacks consistent skill to shoot well not only from the perimeter but from the free throw line. Shooting is a basic fundamental. ***Geno has harped on shooting for 2 years and Waltz spoke how and why he deployed his team’s defense because of UCONN’s lack of it.

Reaction Score
E was the best player on the team just 2-3 games ago. We are over reacting. If anything, Ono is playing better than last year to me, overall. Efficiency is important and they all are certainly trying. Let's face it. The competition is good also.
I really thought E was going to turn it up big time after coming back one more year and talking about "unfinished business." Fizzled.

Reaction Score
I really thought E was going to turn it up big time after coming back one more year and talking about "unfinished business." Fizzled.
Hi,

I agree completely. I suspect something physical is not right with E.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I originally thought you were talking about those over 65 on this board when I saw your head line.
Come on man, 65 is the new 35.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom