Question about our coaching staff | The Boneyard

Question about our coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We pay garbage for assistant coaches. I’m sure there will be changes but hard to attract good coaches at the rate we pay.

Reaction Score
I think that’s more then we can afford to pay.
Maybe we turn the positions into an apprentice reality show where we take aspiring coaches looking for their first job out of homeless shelters and then at the end the season the winner gets a Christmas turkey dinner and autographed football from Edsall.

C

Chief00

The first step in a UConn Athletics comeback is taking control of our sports venues. As long as we play at sites control by quasi gov’t agencies - they will be controlled by over the hill non-talented political hacks - whose primary objective is pocketing cash for themselves. Nothing wrong with them having that goal for themselves but it’s contrary to UConn Athletics ever getting back on sound financial ground. Chief is just keeping it real.
Our current state is along with TV entities, the Hartford Wolfpack dictate our game days, times and game locations. How does that happen if anyone with our best interest is breathing with a pulse?

Reaction Score
The first step in a UConn Athletics comeback is taking control of our sports venues. As long as we play at sites control by quasi gov’t agencies - they will be controlled by over the hill non-talented political hacks - whose primary objective is pocketing cash for themselves. Nothing wrong with them having that goal for themselves but it’s contrary to UConn Athletics ever getting back on sound financial ground. Chief is just keeping it real.
Our current state is along with TV entities, the Hartford Wolfpack dictate our game days, times and game locations. How does that happen if anyone with our best interest is breathing with a pulse?
Great point. That goes on a lot in CT. Is it safe to assume that this probably started way back when 1st started having success st the FBS level? Priorities definitely out if order for personal gain.

Reaction Score
We pay garbage for assistant coaches. I’m sure there will be changes but hard to attract good coaches at the rate we pay.

I know we need to boost our salaries for our assistant coaches. To make wins, we need to hire the best. To hire the best we need to pay more than what we are paying. And it still not be enough. UConn has a few problems not of it's making.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
How about we start a GoFundMe page to hire or pay the coaching staff more. I'd be willing to pitch in a hundred

Reaction Score
How about we start a GoFundMe page to hire or pay the coaching staff more. I'd be willing to pitch in a hundred
UConn Foundation Football-specific donor site:
Nothing should prevent current or prospective new donors from further-specifying “Football Coaching Compensation-Only Fund”.

Reaction Score
Iowa's strength coach makes more than Giufre, Spanos, and Allen's salaries combined. Any UConn assistant coach that has success is leaving for more money else where.

C

Chief00

Yes, UConn can have a P5 level coaching staff. We just need all the complaining boneyarders to put their money where their mouth is, and donate.
Chief has contributed not an insignificant sum. However, these specific purpose donations, unless huge, are generally left pocket, right pocket stuff. They take funds out of the operating budget for that line item and move it somewhere else and the donation back fills. My OP in this thread says we need to fix the big structural problems or else we will see more of the same.

Reaction Score
Yes, UConn can have a P5 level coaching staff. We just need all the complaining boneyarders to put their money where their mouth is, and donate.
Ctbball you must be kidding! The majority of boneyarders would donate a stick of gum and think they were being generous!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Sure. We pay a guy $100K to tweet.
I know that is not true as a fact. Corey is not the Tweeter- I met the staffer who creates all of the material and he isn't making 100K. PS Corey ain't makin 100K either!

Reaction Score
Ctbball you must be kidding! The majority of boneyarders would donate a stick of gum and think they were being generous!
I've seen the crazies on this board put our money where are mouths are many times. Not only have the people here come together to donate money to complete strangers only because they were UConn fans; they also raised over $31,000 in less than two weeks

Reaction Score
Look

When Rutgers + B1G teams make more than North of $50m. When you’ve got SEC universities with greater prospects. The AAC is pulling in less than $7m ... LESS production costs. The variance exposed is in Staff Salary. The variance is in Facilities. Stadium to toilets to tech.

The next 10 years? More & More. You’re going to see this in huge detail.

UCONN won’t be much different than the AAC. Certainly more than UMASS or Liberty or Old Dominion. But let’s not be naive ... we are on the precipice or a system that is like the English Premier League. 4-6 programs that are extraordinary. 50 in the next tier. And UConn & 60 others will lag.

C

Chief00

Look

When Rutgers + B1G teams make more than North of $50m. When you’ve got SEC universities with greater prospects. The AAC is pulling in less than $7m ... LESS production costs. The variance exposed is in Staff Salary. The variance is in Facilities. Stadium to toilets to tech.

The next 10 years? More & More. You’re going to see this in huge detail.

UCONN won’t be much different than the AAC. Certainly more than UMASS or Liberty or Old Dominion. But let’s not be naive ... we are on the precipice or a system that is like the English Premier League. 4-6 programs that are extraordinary. 50 in the next tier. And UConn & 60 others will lag.
That’s why Randy is the wrong guy for the job. There’s definitely an entertainment component involved today - and even a Randy, who wins 50% of the time falls flat there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom