Question about next week's travel from Baylorprof | The Boneyard

Question about next week's travel from Baylorprof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Team charter and bus will have no problem I'm sure by next week.

But I fly standby on Southwest via employee parent perk. Are normal schedules and car rentals, etc. resuming. Don't want to be selfish, because I realize thousands are still having their lives turned upside down and I'm worrying about just getting to a ball game.

That said, are you having to use public parking spaces to dump the snow are is it melting off? I have one previous experience where private transportation and certain public transportation byways (car rentals, certain parking areas, etc.) had to stand down during federal disaster relief.

Any help is appreciated in projecting still six days away travel. Flying sunday and back on Tuesday.

Reaction Score
To use language that you'll appreciate: this ain't our first rodeo. :)
While there's always some disruption around a blizzard, after a couple of days things get back to normal. And it's been above freezing, so that helps.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Im sure they'll clear downtown streets (XL Center) by game time.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
But please be advised that the combination of A)Baylor game and B) snow will give the parking authoritities the leeway to jump the cost of a surface lot parking space to $20 from $10, (as they so often do for big games)...

Reaction Score
The mess from this blizzard should be pretty well handled by Sunday. The question remains about the iffy forecast of much more snow from Sunday evening on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't let these guys fool you. It's bad here. Really bad. Here's a picture so that you can make your own judgement. Hartford is covered in and snow and ice...and there are polar bears in the street....
2837-ice-city-1440x900-fantasy-wallpaper.jpg

...and apparently some strange spacecraft circling above. My recommendation is that you leave Griner home... probably best to leave Sims as well. I just can't see risking these fine young women's lives in this harsh environment.
Did I mention the circling spacecraft?

We'll be fine of course. We're used to it.
Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_474078.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Don't worry about the icebear on the streets. I am not coming to CT until the following week.

Reaction Score
Im sure they'll clear downtown streets (XL Center) by game time.
I don't work downtown, but saw enough of the Hartford area streets to say they are in much better shape than I anticipated when I drove into work today. Some intersections are a little on the scary side, but certainly by Monday things will be much improved...unless we get dumped on again. (shhhhhh.....I did not just say that).

However, just to give fair warning, UConn has had some of its best wins during really horrific weather. I will never, ever forget the Tennessee game where the governor requested everyone to stay home but about 13,000 showed up to see a thriller - including a DT 3/4 court shot. Therefore, I might not be adverse to a little bad weather that night.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
BaylorProf - nice to see you on this board, and thanks for the consideration of the state of NE. But as others have said, CT has recovered pretty quickly with the help of mild weather and some rain.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't work downtown, but saw enough of the Hartford area streets to say they are in much better shape than I anticipated when I drove into work today. Some intersections are a little on the scary side, but certainly by Monday things will be much improved...unless we get dumped on again. (shhhhhh.....I did not just say that).

However, just to give fair warning, UConn has had some of its best wins during really horrific weather. I will never, ever forget the Tennessee game where the governor requested everyone to stay home but about 13,000 showed up to see a thriller - including a DT 3/4 court shot. Therefore, I might not be adverse to a little bad weather that night.
I live in Hartford and they always take good care of downtown... gotta keep the economy running.
side streets in some neighborhoods are very right with a few sidewalks not shoveled which causes people to walk in the street which create traffic jams

Reaction Score
We'll keep Griner home safe and warm on Monday if your guys will follow the first video and come out to play on the NINETEENTH!

Fair enough?

Reaction Score
I live in Hartford and they always take good care of downtown... gotta keep the economy running.
side streets in some neighborhoods are very right with a few sidewalks not shoveled which causes people to walk in the street which create traffic jams
Last night on my way home in my own town (Manchester) the car in front of me suddenly swerved. And then I saw why. An elderly gent was walking - with a walker! - along the piled up snow in the street. In dark clothes. With no reflective gear on. He was nearly invisible in the dark. I half expected to hear sirens by the time I got home about 6 blocks away. Never heard anything. I am pretty sure he got where he was going, wherever that was. The only thing that was in the area where he was walking was a Subway, a Dunkin' Donuts and a liquor store. I was more shaken up over that then my trip down Albany Ave before that!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
There's always a happy ending for both polar bears and the husky faithful
UConn Polar Bear 3.jpg

Attachments

• UConn Polar Bear 2.jpg
    UConn Polar Bear 2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 64
Reaction Score
As of this pm, family matters keep us home Monday night. In the spirit of appreciation for your help, and in grief over the above Huskie eaten by a bear, I'll send $10 to the ESPN contest in UCONN name.

See you guys up close and personal on Bourbon Street hopefully.

Reaction Score
As of this pm, family matters keep us home Monday night. In the spirit of appreciation for your help, and in grief over the above Huskie eaten by a bear, I'll send $10 to the ESPN contest in UCONN name.

Sorry to hear that. I hope the family stuff works out.

We know you'll be here in spirit. The spirits will have to wait til New Orleans.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Blessings and hopes that everything works out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom