Question about meeting in Hartford:: | The Boneyard

Question about meeting in Hartford::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Meeting with a colleague coming into Hartford tomorrow. It is informal but it is still business.
Any ideas for a lunch and walk around? I really know so little about Hartford anymore. He is staying at the new Marriott.

Thanks in Advance.

Reaction Score
If you are staying at the Marriott and don’t want to go too far, just across the street you have a few options, TED’s Montana Grill and NIXs on Front Street, both semi-casual restaurants. There is also Bears BBQ, and Arch Street Tavern for a little more casual atmosphere (not a big fan of the food at Arch Street). For more upscale you have the Capital Grill (again just across the street), or ON20 (in the tall pink building next door),

If you are going to NIXs or TED's believe or not you may need a reservation for lunch.

For walking around head to the river, there is a nice walk along the river, or downtown a few blocks to Bushnell park.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think Bear's BBQ is the best closest option for what you're describing, assuming it's informal enough to eat with your hands and lick your fingers.

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. I think we will be the 2 least interesting people on the street tomorrow. Ill let you know if anything interesting happens. I like Teds and Bear. Have not been to Capital Grill. He is at the hotel I am driving in from the burbs. We go into Hartford a decent amount. I have only seen a couple of crazy things in all my days driving or walking thru Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I really like Bin 228 as well, but it's a little further from his hotel.

Reaction Score
Bears is tasty. Also- Infinity has some good food. Capital Grill is a little pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom