Question about injuries | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question about injuries

Reaction Score
I did give KO 35% of the blame. Also, it was a new team that I think would've put it together at the end despite the coaching flaws.
Without the injuries, last years team was talented. All you "Wagner / Northeastern"
guys never factor in the natural progression
That took place when KO coached that 2014
Championship team.

The 2014 National Championship team didnt start the season 0-2. Last years team was completely unprepared to start the season, just like this years team. Please explain to me why UConn needed to go to overtime against Columbia, a team that doesn't have anywhere near the talent UConn does and finished the season with an 8-17 record. The answer is coaching and preparation, not injuries.

Reaction Score
I did give KO 35% of the blame. Also, it was a new team that I think would've put it together at the end despite the coaching flaws.
Without the injuries, last years team was talented. All you "Wagner / Northeastern"
guys never factor in the natural progression
That took place when KO coached that 2014
Championship team.

If it was just Wagner or just Northeastern, I would probably let it go in the same way we don't often mention not being able to score 50 points and losing to Yale in 2014. It's the fact that you lose to Wagner and follow it up with another bad performance that opens the door to question what you're doing.

Then one could start piling on with unacceptable losses in conference later in the season and the picture becomes more clear.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For the past four years, Ollie coached teams find ways to underachieve at all talent levels. Things would have been the same, no sign of hope with him at the helm.

Reaction Score
I agree with you with the caveat that some of the players, including Gilbert, had preexisting injuries, and would likely never be at full capacity. And anyone who thinks AG is going to be a major contributor given his surgery this year is delusional.
Guess I’m delusional. Thank for the diagnosis.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
If it was just Wagner or just Northeastern, I would probably let it go in the same way we don't often mention not being able to score 50 points and losing to Yale in 2014. It's the fact that you lose to Wagner and follow it up with another bad performance that opens the door to question what you're doing.

Then one could start piling on with unacceptable losses in conference later in the season and the picture becomes more clear.

It's my opinion in which I gave KO's "coaching" some of the blame. We can all agree that things weren't working. KO failed in the end and is now gone but that doesn't seem to be enough for some. They want him to take the "walk of shame" through downtown Hartford while they hold up "NorthEastern/Yale/Wagner" banners. You do realize that both sides of the "KO injuries/coaching" argument are suffering and want the program to get back to greatness.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's my opinion in which I gave KO's "coaching" some of the blame. We can all agree that things weren't working. KO failed in the end and is now gone but that doesn't seem to be enough for some. They want him to take the "walk of shame" through downtown Hartford while they hold up "NorthEastern/Yale/Wagner" banners. You do realize that both sides of the "KO injuries/coaching" argument are suffering and want the program to get back to greatness.

Some want him to just accept termination "with cause", they want him to allow his reputation to be tarnished, they want him to walk away from 10 million dollars, and they think he's the anti-Christ if he doesn't do it all

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I agree with you with the caveat that some of the players, including Gilbert, had preexisting injuries, and would likely never be at full capacity. And anyone who thinks AG is going to be a major contributor given his surgery this year is delusional.
Kris Dunn says hi.

It is as likely that alteruque ends up ok as it is he doesn't. But other than that your post is spot on (lulz)

Reaction Score
Kris Dunn says hi.

It is as likely that alteruque ends up ok as it is he doesn't. But other than that your post is spot on (lulz)
Please remember this post next season and let me know. I really hope it works out for AG. I truly do. But my own experience is not so great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom