Question about Big 12, tv contracts and college sports revenue | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Question about Big 12, tv contracts and college sports revenue

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, in the unlikely event that we got a P4 invite conditioned upon building and on campus stadium, one of the big question marks is what happens to the Rent. For what it's worth, in the unlikely event that we got a P4 invite conditioned upon building and on campus stadium, one of the big question marks is what happens to the rent. It would make a terrific MLS stadium. Potentially they could have a nice rivalry with the New York Red Bulls.

Totally get that we're millions of miles away from that ever happened, it's just a thought I've had from time to time.
the problem is for the rent is the answer is what they're doing now... nothing. They could draw an MLS team, they haven't, they could do all kinds of other things... they haven't. So status quo will remain the same unless the state of connecticut vastly changes so that its seen as an economic opportunity

Reaction Score
the problem is for the rent is the answer is what they're doing now... nothing. They could draw an MLS team, they haven't, they could do all kinds of other things... they haven't. So status quo will remain the same unless the state of connecticut vastly changes so that its seen as an economic opportunity
We should get a UFL team also

Reaction Score
i mean sure, then UConn basketball won't be relevant in 10 years.

edit: Why don't the basketball people realize the "power 3" will just leave everybody else behind in a few years? You think they'll keep a life raft for UConn? Really?
Breaking away for football makes sense. It would the same product as the cfp is now minus 1 G5 bid. Breaking away for all sports and destroying march madness is completely different. The P4 would force expansion of the tournament by adding more play in games before doing that, which would be fine to an extent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Or, alternatively, the state took away control from the CDRA and gave it to someone who has run at least one venture at a profit.

Just an idea.

Reaction Score
Breaking away for football makes sense. It would the same product as the cfp is now minus 1 G5 bid. Breaking away for all sports and destroying march madness is completely different. The P4 would force expansion of the tournament by adding more play in games before doing that, which would be fine to an extent.
They might do that, they might do something else. The short play does seem to be to get a guaranteed allotment for P3 schools (there will not be an ACC, the Big East will not matter)... maybe something like ensuring automatic invites to the top 2/3rds of the conference or a committed 32 bids across those leagues.

Reaction Score
I can’t see the basketball tournament being anywhere near as popular as it is today if the P4 break away. That’s a lose, lose situation.
Its a win for the power schools if they can get more money. Sharks care not for minnows.

Reaction Score
Its a win for the power schools if they can get more money. Sharks care not for minnows.
But they won’t get more money if people lose interest. Even if UConn were in the big12 and the P3 started its own tourney I wouldn’t like it so causal fans certainly won’t either

Reaction Score
I think they will get a larger share of the NCAAT money, but I doubt breaking off on their own with only 64 teams gets them a TV contract near what the NCAAT gets now. The reason the tournament is so popular now is that every corner of the country has a horse in the race.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom