Quarterfinal Thursday in the Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Quarterfinal Thursday in the Big East

Reaction Score
They're losing a bunch of guys (assuming they actually leave). - Pickett, Blair, Carey, Bile.

But Wahab should be very good and they have a good class coming in.
I like the freshman point guard and Wahab is gonna be a beast. Major recruiting class coming in.

Reaction Score
UConn V Creighton(if seeding holds) might end up being the real championship game

Reaction Score
Why the heck did Wright let that be their last possession? You want a shoot off the catch there.

Villanova will take a hit on its seeding for this.
Will be interesting to see how far down the S-curve they slide, between this early exit and the Gillespie injury. Think they’re no doubt off the 3 line now

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Did Ewing take Wahab off the court for that last possession? Interesting decision. It worked, but interesting nonetheless.

Reaction Score
I like the freshman point guard and Wahab is gonna be a beast. Major recruiting class coming in.
Harris was real bad for a lot of this year. But he's got some stones from the line, that's for sure. And his elite FT shooting should mean his 3pt shooting improves going forward.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is, they fill in the bracket but don't bother fixing the the first round placement.

1615490688733.png

Reaction Score
Been a rough go of it for Ewing, had all those players transfer, losing McClung and Akinjo made it look like he might lose his job and then he got very sick with Covid. Having Covid at his size and being hospitalized is a hell of a scare. Happy for him and Ewing/G'Town should build on this.

Reaction Score
I think we'll win and I trust Hurley will make sure the team isn't looking ahead to Creighton. But all your posts about DePaul are just begging for the @CL82 Doomed reply
I get mojo. But they stink. They had won 4 games before last night. We should beat them handidly

Reaction Score
This BET has been hugely entertaining, but has also been basically a worst case scenario for NCAA Tournament visibility for the conference.

1) Xavier knocked out of the Tournament with a loss to Butler
2) Providence (potential bid-stealer) knocked out
3) Villanova loses, meaning the top seed in the BE is maybe a 4 or even a 5 at this point
4) Villanova losing takes away a marquee win opportunity from bubble teams SH or SJ, who at this point need to win the BET to get in, since Georgetown and SH/SJ aren't marquee wins

On the other hand, one of GT/SJ/SH will be in the BET final and have a non-zero chance to earn the auto-bid.

However, the most likely scenario at this point is one I predicted earlier in the week:
- epic UConn/Creighton semi-final game, the winner goes on to win the BET, and the conference gets only 3 bids with so-so seeds

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Refs are letting teams play Big East basketball this tourney.

Fouls by game

Georgetown/Marquette: 10/18 total fouls
Butler/Xavier: 11/13 total fouls (including OT)
DePaul/Providence: 24/19 total fouls
Georgetown/Nova: 18/21 total fouls
St.Johns/Seton Hall: 4/5 total fouls (first half)

Only twice in 5 games (including this one pacing well under) has a team been called for over 20 fouls. Hope Hurley is on the refs about that if the tick-tack fouls start racking up for us early. Every crew so far is letting them play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom