Quarterback Zion Turner, a true freshman, handed the keys to the UConn football offense (Mike Anthony) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quarterback Zion Turner, a true freshman, handed the keys to the UConn football offense (Mike Anthony)

Reaction Score
We are much faster than we’ve been in the last 10 years. Speed kills and I can’t see how CCSU is as quick as us.

I don’t expect us to be complacent or to be looking ahead. I’m pretty sure everyone on our side wants to blast CCSU to the moon. It’s been a long time since we’ve won a game convincingly and this is their big chance.

Reaction Score
Great point. We aren’t living in bizarro world anymore. I think these guys gave Roberson the job because he was the best. This isn’t a RE situation where he’s playing favorites based on who he recruited.

Subba’s greater point still holds true though. If Zion is the long term solution, this will have him ready faster than standing on the sideline.
Not completely sure I buy the line that playing is better than watching. I’ve seen guys who were expected to be good fail to progress or lose confidence when they get thrown in before they are ready. I’ve also seen freshmen who watched for a few games before getting in full time. Depends on the player, the situation and the results. We’ll have to see. Another factor is the portal. It makes it a now game. Just like you don’t sit a guy who can help you to build for next year, you don’t use a guy with an eye toward building him for the future. The future might be Arizona State.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I recall Mora saying they had the same (maybe very similar) package for TR and ZT. I would expect some tweaks for each. Against USU, when there was 9 in the box, Charlton was passing. I would expect more of the same. Please, no RE type run patterns, otherwise we punt a lot, play a close game against an FCS opponent, or possibly lose.

Anyone else considering giving the 19+ points?

We will cover.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Another week of practice with all the 1's and another home game.

Definitely looking for better numbers than his first game against USU.

Let's see how progression goes for game #3.

1662668149773.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom