Quarterback woes? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quarterback woes?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It sounds like our guy was involved in the brawl, throwing stuff and broke a window? Not good.

I cant believe I'm saying this... I miss the Cody Endres era, at least we had a couple other decent QBs at the time.

I, like the rest of us, am most concerned if the alleged perp was aiming at the window?
Also, I'm impressed any of Uconn's QB's could get enough velocity to break more than a cheap ply of toilet paper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anyone see the twitter on UConn football facts about our quarterback situation???? View attachment 39921
DAE3C448-A3E2-4443-ABD7-6961017FF5D3.jpeg

Reaction Score
Offense was fine last year.
When you can never (ever ever ever) make a stop on D, the deficiences on O don't really show up... One major deficiency (my opinion) was some of the plays being called in 2nd and long.. those predictable shotgun draw/run plays in those situation never worked... we'd basically waste an entire possession when we ran those garbage plays, knowing our D couldn't hold water...

Reaction Score
Anyone see the twitter on UConn football facts about our quarterback situation???? View attachment 39921
From the sounds of the article that's in this thread, it might pertain to this statement... The guy we all think might have to sit for awhile may not be that guy after all...

I just hope whatever happened gets resolved quickly, and we move forward. We have not time for foolishness. And, if anybody remembers Edsall 1.0, he works with a short fuse on stuff like this. No one person is bigger than the team...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Offense has been better than fine the last two years. What has it gotten us exactly?

Not sure where you are going here. You made a comment that alluded to the offense couldn't get worse than last year. My point was that the offense wasn't that bad last year....meaning it actually could get worse.

Reaction Score
Offense has been better than fine the last two years. What has it gotten us exactly?
Hmmm, pretty low standard for fine, never mind better than fine. Looking at only last year averaging 22.2 ppg was 111th out of 129 teams (median was 28.9 ppg); if take out one FCS game UCONN average was less than 19 per game.

This terrible scoring offense was on a team that was always behind and trying to score, often after opponent had put in 2nd and 3rd string players.

The 2018 offense was far from fine. UConn scored SINGLE DIGITS 3 times and 21 or less in 9 out of 11 FBS games.

HCRE2.0 coached a record setting bad defense, don't let that obscure the "non record setting", but still "far, far from fine" offensive performance.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It sounds like our guy was involved in the brawl, throwing stuff and broke a window? Not good.

I cant believe I'm saying this... I miss the Cody Endres era, at least we had a couple other decent QBs at the time.
Sounds like he hit the window with good accuracy. I’m encouraged.

Reaction Score
Other than a potentially unsubstantiated rumor, is the alleged Huskies’ football player in a reported January incident even on UConn’s current football roster? Was the guy even a QB? A QB or other ex-UConn football player in January, but now?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Alas, some twitter-happy person tweeted an entirely unsubstantiated rumor based on incorrect info. Even more troubling, tweety bird appears to confuse a DB for a QB.

Because some just expect the worse all the time and that happens on here a lot

Hope he gets his act together as he can help this upcoming season

Reaction Score
well if this is true and the suspended player finally leaves - they would have one quarterback for the balance of spring practice.

you kinda need someone to throw the ball

Not really, we don’t have to throw it after the snap. Fiasco did that. Maybe teams won’t notice the trend on film.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom