Quality Reporters | The Boneyard

Quality Reporters

Reaction Score
As most of us are aware, some of our local "reporters" have made it known that all they care about is themselves and would trample over the program if it would benefit them. With this in mind, I wanted to ask the Boneyard who you guys considered to be quality reporters that cover us?

Would love to support a quality reporter that takes their job seriously and does not undermine the University and what Danny is trying to accomplish.

Reaction Score
my favorites are probably borges from the new haven register (i listen to the hearst huskies podcast pretty regularly) and charlotte from the athletic (i tend to read her articles before the courant or register ones).

i actually used to like "some guy" to some extent (his stuff is usually more opinion-based than the same old rehashing of stats and postgame presser quotes) but the hurley stuff this week has really turned me off...

Reaction Score
As most of us are aware, some of our local "reporters" have made it known that all they care about is themselves and would trample over the program if it would benefit them. With this in mind, I wanted to ask the Boneyard who you guys considered to be quality reporters that cover us?

Would love to support a quality reporter that takes their job seriously and does not undermine the University and what Danny is trying to accomplish.
I'm not even sure why they are needed. Bouknight's twitter may be more informative

Reaction Score

I really like Charlotte Carol from the Athletic, she is great. And the athletic is actually a good subscription for the price, I personally would recommend it.

Reaction Score
usually Mike Anthony and Borges. Used to love Borges "blog" back in the day but i think thats been retired for a while.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I vote for he who is no longer mentioned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The UConn media contingent reports what they see and passes along press releases.

What they rarely (if ever) do is dig past the information given to them by the university, go beyond the surface of any story, or provide anything in the way of insights. The next UConn reporter that asks an unusual or thoughtful question of the coaches, staff or players deserves a cookie.

Reaction Score
Anyone but the 2 all over Twitter this week. But especially Borges and Charlotte Carroll

Reaction Score
usually Mike Anthony and Borges. Used to love Borges "blog" back in the day but i think thats been retired for a while.
I think Mike Anthony is a great writer and he has had some great articles over the years but his complete anti-sports for children, high schoolers, college athletes, and pros stance during the pandemic was pretty crappy and annoying.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
Does anyone else remember 6+ years ago Dom Amore would have weekly (I believe on Mondays, maybe thurs) interactive chats on the Courants website? I would harass him for being a piss poor reporter until he banned me. I had forgotten about that till this thread. Good times..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Once upon a time UConn had the largest media contingent of any NCAA basketball program. They even nicknamed it The Hoard. Now it’s a sad bunch. Borges is good. Anthony is good. But there is nothing like the constant flow of stories we once had.

Reaction Score
^Borges, Anthony very good. Get the HC on line and enjoy Amore.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The better media and reporters that UCONN has don’t work for any organizations

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
"Quality Reporters" is an oxymoron.
I don't understand why anyone nowadays would ever pay for "media" subscriptions, print or electronic. The media has become a joke... all clickbait and whatever it takes to get views with little to no substance.

If I had to pick a good local guy, I think Borges probably the best. He is as close to factual and unbiased as it gets.
Amore next-best. Charlotte Carol is good for a newcomer with the Athletic from the free articles I've seen.
Anthony is decent.

Then a huge gulf.

Then hell. That's where you'll find Some Guy who is so self-centered and out-of-touch he writes articles about people calling him out for stupid tweets, and he thinks it's "newsworthy".

Last edited:
Reaction Score

What kinda of rotten internet brain is this?

They are reporters - their job is to report on whatever... Good or Bad. They are not program boosters.

"Trample over the program" is very bizarre framing, cult of personality stuff.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

They are reporters - their job is to report on whatever... Good or Bad. They are not program boosters.

Exactly... their job is to report on whatever... good or bad. With no bias.

Have you seen Some Guys's drivel lately? It's not even reporting. His latest content is virtue-signaling derived bullspit to generate faux outrage. That's not reporting.
He's bitter because Hurley and the staff pass info to the national guys, so he's resorting to attempts to incite things with Hurley and writing articles about his tweets and text exchanges with the HC... just to try that create a distraction before the biggest game of the year.

That's closer to "trampling the program" than "reporting". So I agree with @2022 NC.

Reaction Score

Ok Jeff

Reaction Score
Exactly... their job is to report on whatever... good or bad. With no bias.

Have you seen Some Guys's drivel lately? It's not even reporting. His latest content is virtue-signaling derived bullspit to generate faux outrage. That's not reporting.
He's bitter because Hurley and the staff pass info to the national guys, so he's resorting to attempts to incite things with Hurley and writing articles about his tweets and text exchanges with the HC... just to try that create a distraction before the biggest game of the year.

That's closer to "trampling the program" than "reporting". So I agree with @2022 NC.

He's an opinion columnist, not a reporter. They get paid to... have opinions...

How do people not understand this?

Reaction Score
Ok Jeff

Trust me I don't even read Jacobs cuz I think his takes are often too blowhard and preachy - but he's not a reporter, and having fanboys getting upset at reporters/columnists under the impression that their job is to act as boosters is very weird and wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom