Quality minutes from Lubin | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Quality minutes from Lubin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lubin is a righty. I liked the jumper from Lubin against the zone in the USF, and I saw him shoot a step back 3 in a HS game online, but Mason's game was just completely different from a skills standpoint. Lubin's not a finished product but I doubt he'll ever be that type of player from the perimeter. That was something that was kind of natural to Mason in addition to what he added with skill work.
I know when he first signed we had a thread on whether he was lefty or righty, my bad on that I guess. He seems to be able to use both hands proficiently though. I respect your overall knowledge, but Mason refined his game to have more of a perimeter game as his NBA career progressed. I don't agree that the perimeter game came natural to Mason. Early in his career he was more of a rebounder, defensive player and enforcer. He was 2-12 in his career from 3, not sure that classifies him as a perimeter player.

Either way I think we have a good find with Lubin, who from a skills perspective seems to have surpassed many of our expectations lately. I think with his attitude and work ethic, his skill set may surprise a lot of people when he realizes his full potential.

Reaction Score
“@DaveBorges: Ollie said Lubin wanted to guard Cincy players who were "pushing us around." "I like that as a coach." #uconn”
I love hearing that.

Reaction Score
I think he just earned some more minutes today. Solid hustle!
I said this guy could be our version of Dejuan Blair. Not that he needed to score whatever points but that he would be an effective enforcer who also had skills

Reaction Score
huskymagic said:
Where is McCracken to eat some crow on Lubin? Did he see the IQ, intelligence, and overral better play of Lubin compared to Nolan.

Eat what? He played fine. Some of you are going way overboard. It was nice for him to contribute some minutes.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and loved how he chested-up the Octavius dude and refused to be moved off his block. Looked like a warrior a la Adrien.

Reaction Score
I'm glad he contributed today, and I think Phil has to be on notice. Ollie is going to want to fine tune a rotation going forward, and I could see Lubin sliding in over Phil. A bench of Omar/Lubin/Samuel is solid and gives us some real depth.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
His on-court emotion reminds me of Donnie Marshall.

I think I said that early on. He reminds me very much of Donny as a freshman. No visible perimeter skills, and two dribbles was his limit without losing the ball. But willing and able to bang and be an enforcer if necessary. If the Junior and Senior Lubin ends up playing like the Junior and Senior Donny, I'm more than satisfied.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Lubin has been providing solid interior muscle that is much needed on this team. I also like how he's like a fullback on offense, willing to set screens with aplomb. I think his 12-foot jumper is underrated too. He can contribute this season and I think with an offseason in the weight room he will be able to handle more minutes and be a more key contributor next season.
Weight room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom