QB production - No TDs in two straight games | The Boneyard

QB production - No TDs in two straight games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Throw in the Vandy game and the offense has been kept out of the end zone in three of the last six games. Those are the numbers.

Pasqualoni has throw out the window his philosophy from training camp, -the QB will be chosen by production, -competition makes everyone better, -I'm looking for someone to separate themselves.

Can we, at least, go back to giving Nebrich a series here and there?

Reaction Score
I don't think McEntee is all that great. But, most every coach that has ever existed likes continuity. Nebrich got valuable time early ... and I don't think that it was a waste. He, to my eye, has more talent to be the Man in our future. But, PP (like most all coaches) will let McEnteee go forward. I do think Johnny Mac is getting better.

And did you see the whiny stuff from BJ Daniels on how he couldn't grip the ball?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If we're up big in the 4th quarter I'd like to see Nebrich get some more series. But my guess is most of our games will be close. I am curious about snaps in practice, especially if the lack of offensive TDs continues.

Reaction Score
If we're up big in the 4th quarter I'd like to see Nebrich get some more series. But my guess is most of our games will be close. I am curious about snaps in practice, especially if the lack of offensive TDs continues.

Agree on snaps, that is why wanted some for Nebrich in WV 4th qtr. Uconn QB play since Bones/DJ has set the bar so low that we can actually be having a conversation on how our starting QB in games 6 and 7 of the season is: playing 35 good minutes, not getting any offensive td's in either game (not no passing td's, but no offensive td's at all) but getting better. I would think you get much better by playing, Nebrich needed to play. This time of season, don't see playing Nebrich making sense unless team is out of race for bowl game and actually hoping that won't be the case.

Reaction Score
Pal, he said it would be about production. He didn't define production, though, and it seems pretty clear that the coachign staff has made the decision that right now, Mac gives us the best chance to win...oh right, I forgot, Pasqualoni is intentionally trying to lose so next years he won't have as much pressure to produce...He must be pissed at hte defense about Saturday, huh?

Reaction Score
My guess is McEntee is really outperforming Nebrich in practice. McEntee has a very strong arm and is accurate when given time and you will get plenty of time to throw in practice.

I would love to see Nebrich takeover the Wildcat. Right now for every 10 wildcat plays we pass one time, and run 9 times. Use Nebrich in that offense but pass it more often.

Reaction Score
C'mon Pal, how about something on your boy Nick Williams continually not fielding punts and costing the team field position.

Reaction Score
C'mon Pal, how about something on your boy Nick Williams continually not fielding punts and costing the team field position.

That's on P, you replace players who aren't "producing", oh wait, you need continuity. :confused: It was the 7th game of the season and Williams is doing the same thing he did in game 1, hmmmmmmm!

Reaction Score
One thing you can count on from the Husky faithful is how they can find defeat in any win. We just won an important BE game. The O, behind a QB who in the eyes of some is lousy, kept USF off the field nearly the entire first half. The QB who was under siege never blinked. When we needed the O to NOT give USF another chance, came thru. The TEAM won the game.

And for the we've never had a QB since Dan O crowd, we actually have accomplished a few things around here over the years, hence the banners hanging at the Rent.

I now yield the floor back to the glass half-filled crowd.

Reaction Score
My guess is McEntee is really outperforming Nebrich in practice. McEntee has a very strong arm and is accurate when given time and you will get plenty of time to throw in practice.

I would love to see Nebrich takeover the Wildcat. Right now for every 10 wildcat plays we pass one time, and run 9 times. Use Nebrich in that offense but pass it more often.

Interesting you mention JMc has a very strong arm. I really haven't been able to get than from watching the games. I thought Zack had a big arm, but for some reason JMc's passing hasn't gotten me to think that. In fact, when Nebrich had one of his series early in the season he overthrew a receiver and I thought "this guy has a much stronger arm than JMc".

Reaction Score
Pal, he said it would be about prodiction. He didn't define production, though, and it seems pretty clear that the coachign staff has made the decision that right now, Mac gives us the best chance to win...oh right, I forgot, Pasqualoni is intentionally trying to lose so next years he won't have as much pressure to produce...He must be pissed at hte defense about Saturday, huh?

I'll define production for you. POINTS.

Reaction Score
Another stat for you: JMac has not thrown an INT since the ISU game. That's 4 straight games no INTs. If that is not improvement, I dunno what is.

Note: I am aware he has lost 2 fumbles. This was a focus on his decision-making and production as a passer.

Reaction Score
Interesting you mention JMc has a very strong arm. I really haven't been able to get than from watching the games. I thought Zack had a big arm, but for some reason JMc's passing hasn't gotten me to think that. In fact, when Nebrich had one of his series early in the season he overthrew a receiver and I thought "this guy has a much stronger arm than JMc".

I disagree, when McEntee sets his feet and gets his body behind the ball he puts some steam on it. Problem is he doesn't always have the time to get set. The pass Moore dropped was gunned which is probably why he dropped it.

Reaction Score
No need to single out JM for all the criticism for failure of the offense to generate Division 1 level of offense. There is plently of blame to go around. Offense in today's college football is just not as difficult as UConn makes it week after week.

Reaction Score
Don't you guys know? Palatine knows for a fact that Nebrich is outperforming McEntee by far in practice, and Coach P is just intentionally using Johnny Mac to lose games so that, in comparison, next year seems much better. How is this only obvious to him?

Reaction Score
Our quarterback situation is rather messy in my opinion. And one of the reasons we're not going to see Nebrich very often is for this year at least MacEntee is the quarterback, but given his lack of experience to this point, I doubt they want to take him out of games even if we are way behind. He needs all the touches he can get. the other reason is that we're at the point where I don't think they want Nebrich to get hurt. All they would need is for Nebrich to get clobbered by some rogue linebacker on a scramble and end up out for the balance of the season, then have Mac get hurt, too. I'm not sure I like our chances with McCummings followed by Driscoll...I have said many times I think using nebrich at all this year was a waste of a season. Most likely, as bl, I think, said, P in his heart of hearts (or DeLeone in his) wanted nebrich to win the job. Once it became clear he wasn't going to, they made the decision ot keep Mac on the field to get as much game experience as possible.

Reaction Score
I could live with Mac. He is fairly accurate. He is not athletic enough to be a BCS starting qb, it would seem, but he has 1200 yes passing through 7 games. He could hit 2k, for the year which only Lorenzen has done since Orlovsky graduated.

Reaction Score
Don't you guys know? Palatine knows for a fact that Nebrich is outperforming McEntee by far in practice, and Coach P is just intentionally using Johnny Mac to lose games so that, in comparison, next year seems much better. How is this only obvious to him?

I love how folks make stuff up in their own minds and then pretend I posted it. Thinking that you can read other people's minds is a sign of mental illness.

If I posted anything like the fantasy that you have put in print here, please cite it. Otherwise, just apologize to me.

Reaction Score
I haven't finished reading this doozy of a discussion yet, but I'll write now, that I'm glad that we had a big body back there at QB, and Johnny Mac earned my respect over and over getting back up in this game. Anybody that was actually there - did you see the size of #46 in white in person? Mcentee had that guy jumping full force on him all day and rolling on top of him. That guy had to be 330lbs.

I doubt that Nebrich is ready for that kind of day, and I love mcentee, but nebrich is too valueable to the future to subject him to that kind of day if it's not absolutely in everyone's best interest.
Toughness, leadership, and accuracy. That's what you need in a QB, in that order. There's no doubt in my mind anymore about Mac's toughness.

McEntee was living on the edge though, with some of those throws.

Reaction Score
I would add one thought to this, as it related to nebrich and his lost redshirt. If he wins the job for next year, great, he plays and we hope he's a little better for having played this year but we won't get a 5th year out of him.

I do hope, with what we've seen of McCummings, that if Nebrich doesn't win the job next year, they redshirt him so he has three years left with McEntee gone. I would hope that if Nebrich isn't the starter, McCummings, with emergency help from Cochrane (who can also be RS a later year) would allow us to get the year back.

Having said that, I'm still hopefuly that by the end of spring camp it's Nebrich's job.

Reaction Score
There's some coherent thought processes,that would make sense in earning back another year of eligibility in the QB position depth on the roster.

It's improtant to note that in McCummings and McEntee, you've got two kids in the 6'2, 6'3 220lb range.

We're certainly not getting bigger at the QB position with Nebrich and Cochran coming in behind them.

With that in mind, there's just a lot more opportunity for an offense, if you've got a QB that is able to move his feet anywhere and either gain yardage beyond scrimmage, or reset anywhere behind scrimmage and throw accurately. Nebrich? I don't see practices, I don't know how the kid is doing, but I've got no reason to doubt that McEntee and McCummings are the best options right now moving forward in 2011.

As for Cochran, everythign I know about this kid is that he's basically been groomed for the QB position for a long, long time.

I'm curious to see what he can do when he gets out into a college football environment, because he's not walking into this thing and getting handed a job.

The other half of the equation is that we need to hold onto the damn ball when it comes your way in the whole throw and catch scenario.

Reaction Score
I love how folks make stuff up in their own minds and then pretend I posted it. Thinking that you can read other people's minds is a sign of mental illness.

If I posted anything like the fantasy that you have put in print here, please cite it. Otherwise, just apologize to me.

I was just teasing you over the certainty you have that Nebrich is better than McEntee, and your previous post that losing is good for Coach P in the long run.

I'll apologize to you if you apologize to Johnny Mac for making assumptions without all the facts, k? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom